vito suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After 1500 miles of ownership I now know that the sport x does not need lowering!, with the Brabus lower lip it only just clears kerbs when parking nose 1st & I've had a few nervous moments entering & leaving a customers house that is approached over uneven ground so I'm staying as MB intended? for now anyway.

l will make do without the lip. l will never drive a vito with standard springs.. put a side that it looks better and the improvement of its road manners is spot on . Over all a better drive. lf you do get chance to drive a lowered rig you will be surprised. l drive mine on unsealed and country roads /towing and has plenty of clearance.

After 1500 miles of ownership I now know that the sport x does not need lowering!, with the Brabus lower lip it only just clears kerbs when parking nose 1st & I've had a few nervous moments entering & leaving a customers house that is approached over uneven ground so I'm staying as MB intended? for now anyway.

Thats the funnest thing I have read on here!

So its not that ugly glue on spoiler thats to low then.

I have done best part of 100k in 5 Vitos and the first thing I do is lower it.

I suppose personal preference comes into it, I quite like the too low stuck on ugly bumper thingy on our sport x. As we drag a large caravan about with it and it carts a fair bit of weight about as well lowering not really an option. Even when empty it sticks to the road quite well for something almost 2m high.After all it is a van.
We do a daft amount of mileage in our other vito, 18 months old 56k, which runs about normally at just over 3000kg, that looks like its lowered without doing a thing to it. Emptied it today as its going in for a throttle body tomorrow and was very surprised how low it is

Thats the funnest thing I have read on here!

So its not that ugly glue on spoiler thats to low then.

I have done best part of 100k in 5 Vitos and the first thing I do is lower it.

Dude ,the only thing that is funny on this post is you, take an old vito, blow £2.5 k to make it look new then call it a viano special ??or whatever:D why the hostility fella:dk:

Ian I admire you for what you have done with your vito's, your knowledge of them and the help you have given to other people, but I must agree with parksie14, whats with the beef with the sport x front bumper?

Its the way its glued over the bumper to make it lower thats the problem, the more I look at it the worse it gets.
If its lowered you don't need the spoiler as it sits at the right hight.
Theres no hostility, its the fact that Mercedes uk think buy adding that spoiler over a stock bumper helps in any way other than to hit the curb.

As for 2.5K on mine your way out! and have built a couple now and not lost any money at selling time, you have to buy at the right price.

Dude ,the only thing that is funny on this post is you, take an old vito, blow £2.5 k to make it look new then call it a viano special ??or whatever:D why the hostility fella:dk:

It never been a vito, its a Viano from new.

The 101Hs I had on before were plated at 33 PSI which seemed incredibly low, and they wore the outside edges much faster than the centre. So I ran those at 35 PSI. The 101Vs fitted recently are plated at 36 PSI and I'm running them at 38 at the moment.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BillG/media/tyrepressures.jpg.html

Just to say that the on passenger cars the 'fully loaded' pressure values are in fact also the higher limit for the normal range.

The 'fully loaded' label is misleading - the manufactures clearly say that you can use the higher pressure values even if the car is not loaded.

In fact it is also the recommended setting for Motorway driving.

The above applies to passenger cars... I assume it is also applies to vans?

The bonding on of additional bits to original bumpers is more common than you may think, certainly with Brabus.
Anyhow each to their own, as above quite happy with ours as it is.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom