Vito tracking

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Danny DeVito, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Danny DeVito

Danny DeVito Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    V220 CDI
    Does anyone know if the camber is adjustable on these cars ? I had tracking done 2 ths ago and the tire seemed to stop wearing. The car drives straight but the tire stills now seems to be wearing again. Looking at the wheels the passenger side looks like it has more positive camber. I had a flat when the problem started. I looked at the shock etc but i dont see any adjustment. Is there any other reason people know why the camber could change ? Thanks Danny

2. lukester2002

lukester2002 Member

Car:
    Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI type 203 Classic Diesel
    Im not sure, but what about wheel balancing? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. OP
    OP
    Danny DeVito

Danny DeVito Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    V220 CDI
    both wheels were balanced recently

4. malcolmsmill

malcolmsmill Member

Car:
    vito
    Camber Castor and Toe are ALL fully adjustable on ALL 4 WHEELS of a vito -- esp a mk1.

the instructions are in WIS (from ebay) and are simple with the right gear..... getting a garage to adjust the rear wheels is uncommon and expensive (I was once quoted £300)

I Bought an inclinometer from Hong Kong on ebay (digital level) for £18 and a new company in UK has a very neat Alignment tool for £80 which is both EASY to use and cost effective (4 wheels in 2 hrs at leisurely pace 1st time useage) all you need is a flat driveway.

Tags: