Vito Traveliner Aircon belt!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shortandstrange

Car
Vito Traveliner 110 CDI
Okay this is new to me but maybe you guys know the answer. I took my 2003 2.2 diesel Vito Traveliner in to get the Aircon checked, turns out the belt that should drive the compressor doesnt go round it! The place ordered a new belt (too short) they ordered another one (too long) they got one from Mercedes (wrong size again) they spoke to Mercedes who checked my chassis number and they said that vehicle didn't come off the production line with Aircon and they weren't sure what belt would fit it. Any ideas people???

Hi & welcome. Has it got an aircon button on the dash?

That's got to be a factory fit then - bizarre.

Maybe the compressor was 'bypassed' because of a fault (seized or whatever) but that doesn't explain why you can't get a belt to fit, unless there's an idler/tensioner or something missing??

Yes it has and the light comes on when switched up.

You say 'switched up ' in mine the aircon is on the right hand side of the temp controls with booster heater and rest button is that what you have ?

Mr Bill, would that be the same layout as mine, perhaps i could look at it tomorrow see if maybe a pulley is missing or something. Dont forget too that its a tricky belt to fit, i.e. me scratching head and wondering why is it still loose...

Hi Danny DeVito, the switch is below the heater controls and next to the internal light switch, I did think the same as BTB 500, that there may b a problem and it's been bypassed but there must be a belt to fit somewhere, mine can't b the only one with after market aircon (hopefully)

I'm guessing its never worked since you owned it,, I have just had my A?C pump bypassed
The pump was compleltly fubar,, could not afford new pump straight away so opted for a cheap belt for a NON A/C model to keep me going
If i press the A/C button the light conmes and fans kick in but no cool air,
If your not the first owner my guess is the previous owner had the same problem as me.

Hmmm, thanks bretiller01, I kinda think I'd be opening up a can of worms even if I did find a belt, maybe I will just go without AC and save myself the hassle!

Yeah it's a bit of mine field, buy a new pump, fit the right belt, then re gas it only to find you got hole in the a/c rad,, sod's law. I'd put money on the by pass senario,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom