Vito Viano Bi xenon retro fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
As some will know I have been looking at this hop up a while now and collecting parts to swap the stock face lift lights to Bi xenon.

I now have the new bumper and the washers along with the new light switch with the washer button with auto lights and as I have air self levelling rear i don't have the light hight adjustment.
Head light washer bottle done and washer pump all wired and working, this alone is easy said than done as the harness I had to make, its not avalable from MB parts.

Couple of questions, does the lights tuning get the signal from the steering angle sensor?
Also apart from the lights, new late sam and on epc it has a rear hight sensor, and harness, not sure I need this with air suspension self levelling?
There also is one random front module, only one on epc so i guess both lights join ?
Not sure a Vito or Viano has been done but cars must have.

As some will know I have been looking at this hop up a while now and collecting parts to swap the stock face lift lights to Bi xenon.

I now have the new bumper and the washers along with the new light switch with the washer button with auto lights and as I have air self levelling rear i don't have the light hight adjustment.
Head light washer bottle done and washer pump all wired and working, this alone is easy said than done as the harness I had to make, its not avalable from MB parts.

Couple of questions, does the lights tuning get the signal from the steering angle sensor?
Also apart from the lights, new late sam and on epc it has a rear hight sensor, and harness, not sure I need this with air suspension self levelling?
There also is one random front module, only one on epc so i guess both lights join ?
Not sure a Vito or Viano has been done but cars must have.

You need either someone with a Sport X who wouldn't mind some some dismantling and rebuilding or to look at one in a breakers! As for above, I would say you would need the rear height sensor. this is based on nothing other than observing Bi-X in action……when they hit rises and dips, the beam moves to compensate. Would your suspension react quickly enough to not need this I wonder? Or am I missing something?

Ah yes good point, so all that's easy enough.
Its just the cornering, how does that work?

From the MoT manual

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system."

Then I need a vin of a vito with xenon and air rear to look on epc, I think if they are moving all the time then yes but my understanding is they set once, but if they turn, no idea.

Well a bit more research on epc, that single module goes ate the rear and there are 2 harness part numbers one with air and one without, so that sorted that.
So it looks plug and play with coding and wiring to the same unit.

Its just the cornering, how does that work?

My bet is on the steering angle sensor like you suggest.
That is only based on, how else would the cornering function work? The closest thing would be some sort of gyroscopic sensor and I am pretty sure a Vito doesn't have that!

Last edited:
Cornering lights not as simple as you may think, only come on at low speed, about the same time as the parking sensors activate, when you turn the wheel or indicate, if say you are in a forward gear and right cornering light is on, put in reverse and the left lamp illuminates. From what we have noticed I would say they set once upon start up.

Mark

Whats this module that goes at the rear then Ian ?? AFAIK the parts needed are level sensors front and rear, wiring harness, levelling module , headlights and modified headlight harness as the Bi-Xenons have more cables in them for the DRL.

I too have been looking into it as you can tell (and got most of the parts too )

Keep us posted. Is it going to be a team Vito project at marks then ??

Whats this module that goes at the rear then Ian ?? AFAIK the parts needed are level sensors front and rear, wiring harness, levelling module , headlights and modified headlight harness as the Bi-Xenons have more cables in them for the DRL.

I too have been looking into it as you can tell (and got most of the parts too )

Keep us posted. Is it going to be a team Vito project at marks then ??

If you look on epc at the lights there is a random module , just one, that must be the rear, harness is also there, different page but its there.

The cornering i think must be in the sam and the angle sensor because the harness goes to the sam only.
I need to get on wis and look at the wiring.
Its an expensive job without the lights.

My bet is on the steering angle sensor like you suggest.
That is only based on, how else would the cornering function work? The closest thing would be some sort of gyroscopic sensor and I am pretty sure a Vito doesn't have that!

I think the rear sensor is a Gyro, a piezo gyro.

the random module is the control module , not the level sensors, i have the module and the level sensors here . And the harness .There are holes in the harness again as always , bits need making between A+B

Last edited:
I have been to the dealers today and had a look at a few underneath.
With air rear there are no aditional rear sensors fitted but there is one on the front wishbone, the same as the rears, a level sensor.
I have looked on wis but yet to find the module location.
Wis does cover the wiring so whats missing Nick?

Last edited:
I think the rear sensor is a Gyro, a piezo gyro.

With todays research this is clearly wrong, its not at the rear at all.
All that is fitted are the same, or similar to the hight sensors fitted to mine with air rear.

The rear level sensor is just that a basic potentiometer with an arm that goes to the suspension, same as the front as is the back. .From memory the bit missing is like an extension lead from the control module to the rear where the level sensor plugs into , nothing major , just a 4 pin lead from what i can remember, I will dig out my parts tonight and post some piccies up. The tricky part (or not) may be that the pre facelift vitos and the facelift vitos have different suspension, and afaik they never did a pre facelift with xenons (or did they ?????) so mounting the parts will be a custom job.

The control module is to be mounted in the drivers footwell, i believe the same place the TPMS module goes.

Nick

Harness just ordered, no stock at MK or Germany as never made before.
£11 so not much to it.
The front wishbone will need a rose joint end, thats easy enough and the front mount is a bracket from the right rail, I have some pictures to post.

What part number is the harness you just ordered ??? will check mine and see if its what i have got , or not LoL

Nick

A639 440 24 35 and that with codes CL0 and LG1 + XM0

CL0 is rear air suspension.

Strange they said it's never been ordered before, cause I've had this loom for months. Nicks fault.. lol Maybe they need to update there inventory.

ForumRunner_20150314_173713.jpg

Sent from my knackered S4, so im Struggling to read owt, using MBClub UK

Last edited:
Thats odd! its also wrong for yours, you need A639 440 22 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom