VITO, W447 Drivers Seat Fit W639?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Gaz-M, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
    Ive went from a W447 back to a W639 (now I appreciate the W447 even more!) and I cannot get comfy.

The W639 is a 2011 and had standard seats which combined with the bulkhead limiting sliding movement- was super uncomfy.

I picked up a comfort captain seat from a pre 2010 model and swapped over my fabric (hours of work!), the foam in the rear is totally different, the base angle is adjustable and it obviously had the armrests. Should be well worth the effort I thought...

But I still aint comfortable in it!!

Im now thinking my W447 comfort seat was so much better, very bucket style aswell as the bulkhead being improved for more sliding movement. I wonder if I can swap the seats for a set of W447 ones?

With a bit luck they are a straight swap, both the driver seat and passenger bench seat.

These W639 things are just not comfy for me!

Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Marku

Marku Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
    Not tried the Viano seats? Don't see why they shouldn't fit as I think the floor pan is the same but it would not be cheap.

3. BIG UN

BIG UN Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes Vito Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
    Cant see why they wouldn't fit, worse case is that you might have to drill the rails to fit!!

4. OP
    OP
    Gaz-M

Gaz-M Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
    Whats different about Viano seats?

Ive taken bulkhead out so I can actually move the seat back and Im much comfier. Going to make up a 50mm spacer for the bulkhead so I can refit but 50mm more space for seat to stay back where Im comfy!!

Im 5ft8 hardly big, space with bulkhead is madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Marku

Marku Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
    The Viano seats are more built up at the sides not exactly a "bucket" but getting there. I thought the Vito seats rather hard when we had one and the Viano is an improvement. They also come in leather and have arm rests. Yes I thought the bulkhead pushed the seats forward. We also had single seats and took it all out and put in the bench seat mainly to give the extra load length. We replaced it with the Viano the best of both worlds plus luxury the most useful vehicle we have ever had.

6. antmccarthy

antmccarthy New Member

Car:
    Vito Dualiner W447
    Hi,

I'm looking to do something similar with the back seats on a Dualiner. Does anybody know if W639 rear seats will fit in W447 without any modification?

Thank

7. M0HAO

M0HAO Member

Car:
    2013 Viano Avantgarde
    Sure, will fit. Even more, I can sell you my 2+1 row (not in use), black Lugano leather. Contact me if interested.