VITO, W447 Drivers Seat Fit W639?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz-M

Car
17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
Ive went from a W447 back to a W639 (now I appreciate the W447 even more!) and I cannot get comfy.

The W639 is a 2011 and had standard seats which combined with the bulkhead limiting sliding movement- was super uncomfy.

I picked up a comfort captain seat from a pre 2010 model and swapped over my fabric (hours of work!), the foam in the rear is totally different, the base angle is adjustable and it obviously had the armrests. Should be well worth the effort I thought...

But I still aint comfortable in it!!

Im now thinking my W447 comfort seat was so much better, very bucket style aswell as the bulkhead being improved for more sliding movement. I wonder if I can swap the seats for a set of W447 ones?

With a bit luck they are a straight swap, both the driver seat and passenger bench seat.

These W639 things are just not comfy for me!

Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not tried the Viano seats? Don't see why they shouldn't fit as I think the floor pan is the same but it would not be cheap.

Cant see why they wouldn't fit, worse case is that you might have to drill the rails to fit!!

Whats different about Viano seats?

Ive taken bulkhead out so I can actually move the seat back and Im much comfier. Going to make up a 50mm spacer for the bulkhead so I can refit but 50mm more space for seat to stay back where Im comfy!!

Im 5ft8 hardly big, space with bulkhead is madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Viano seats are more built up at the sides not exactly a "bucket" but getting there. I thought the Vito seats rather hard when we had one and the Viano is an improvement. They also come in leather and have arm rests. Yes I thought the bulkhead pushed the seats forward. We also had single seats and took it all out and put in the bench seat mainly to give the extra load length. We replaced it with the Viano the best of both worlds plus luxury the most useful vehicle we have ever had.

Hi,

I'm looking to do something similar with the back seats on a Dualiner. Does anybody know if W639 rear seats will fit in W447 without any modification?

Thank

Hi,

I'm looking to do something similar with the back seats on a Dualiner. Does anybody know if W639 rear seats will fit in W447 without any modification?

Thank
Sure, will fit. Even more, I can sell you my 2+1 row (not in use), black Lugano leather. Contact me if interested.

Hi all
New here and was wondering if someone might be able to help. I have a w447 vito long and wish to move the back seats and put a table in. I have purchased end and centre rails from a 639 as was told these would fit, and a table. however upon looking i'm unsure if these will be suitable, and also don't know how the seats will slide as there is not a lever at the bottom of the seats for this as there static.

will there be indentations for the rails if i lift the vinyl floor? Will i need to get different seats?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Hi all
New here and was wondering if someone might be able to help. I have a w447 vito long and wish to move the back seats and put a table in. I have purchased end and centre rails from a 639 as was told these would fit, and a table. however upon looking i'm unsure if these will be suitable, and also don't know how the seats will slide as there is not a lever at the bottom of the seats for this as there static.

will there be indentations for the rails if i lift the vinyl floor? Will i need to get different seats?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

There are at least two or three different rails, with two different rails system.
Check next thread;

Rails from W639 are same as W447 but look for the "newers", those with a rubber band covering part of the top view, not the old ones.

Martin.

Hi Martin
Thanks for the reply. I have the same rails as the ones you installed, (the rails for the plastic foot table), however i do not have rails all the way through my vito w447. The back has the rails to secure cargo and the seats have a single mounting bracket as shown.

regards

steve

Attachments

• Mercedes-Vito-Rear-Seat-Floor-Rails-Mounting-Brackets.jpg
    Mercedes-Vito-Rear-Seat-Floor-Rails-Mounting-Brackets.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi Martin
Thanks for the reply. I have the same rails as the ones you installed, (the rails for the plastic foot table), however i do not have rails all the way through my vito w447. The back has the rails to secure cargo and the seats have a single mounting bracket as shown.

regards

steve
Steve, centre rails are always shorter than side rails. That is because centre table is only for central area, not cargo.
If you got the centre rails and the table... You got all needed.

Regards, Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom