Vito W447 DRL's conversion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Hello,

I've just taken delivery off a Vito. Nothing special but a nice van all the same. As it was a van from stock I couldn't opt for any extras.

The standard DRL's are comparable to a couple of candles off a child's birthday cake. (See Below). Does anyone know if these bulbs can be upgraded/changed to maybe 12v LED's to at least give a better effect?

I'm only after changing the bulbs. (If possible) I'm not interested in doing a full headlight conversion.

Please feel free to post links to products or sites you think I can obtain these bulbs from.

All help/comments much appreciated.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't those just sidelights as opposed to DRL's (so to speak)

Could definitely swap those bulbs out for either an LED bulb (if there is a correct fitment) or just a higher rated halogen bulb maybe a 4000k one?

Last time I bought bulbs I used http://autobulbsdirect.co.uk

Not mainly to order from, but a handy feature to input your reg and everything available comes up in sub categories for front/back/side etc. Then once I've got the names of the bulbs and sizes I'll go over to Amazon or elsewhere and buy if cheaper :devil:

No ash, that's the DRL's. Poor show really. (Yes, a 1st World Problem)

Same thing you get with on BMW's base models. They just glow yellow ish. I've turned them off for now.

Thanks for the link matey.

Ant.

I think Karl (Killerhertz) is your man in the know and will should be able to help you out, perhaps drop him a pm.

Bulbs are h15's Osram do a cool blue intense thats whiter than the standard bulbs but not as white as led's & about £30 a pair, there are cheaper versions on ebay that give a whiter look but the main beam pattern is pants

Hope this helps

based on my vito experiences not just a case of fitting LED lamps you will get errors hoping up!

restores needed!

based on my vito experiences not just a case of fitting LED lamps you will get errors hoping up!

resitors needed!

bloody predictive spelling on in safari:eek:

Resitors yes

Did you manage to find a solution to the candle powered drls ???
My new Vito is due in next week and i can't believe i never noticed this.

I tried all different makes and brands in the Sprinter and they all kept causing error messages on the dash. I presume the Vito will be the same.

Anyone tried a HID kit ???

Tbh if not had chance to do any more searching. I'll get around to it soon and let you know.

Please do the same if you sort anything.

Ant.

Guys anyone come up with a solution. I'm running Phillips headlight bulb and tried led drl's...problems I had , 1 no main beam and 2 the error messages. Does anyone know what needs to be done with resistors?

Cheers

The H15 bulb is your main beam, side light (twin filament) with one on reduced voltage for the DRL so your unlikely to find anything to be a suitable substitute but I'll be honest Ive not tried any of the chinese led bulbs.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom