Vito W447 radio removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Celtic Sparks

Car
Vito
Hey guys
Just picked up the new Vito W447, does any one know how to remove the radio

Also what's the best way to get cables from the cab into the engine bay.

Cheers Guys.

The entire centre comes out air vents, heater controls etc (its best to use a trim removal tool as the plastic marks easily) work gently round the outside of the trim then the radio is held in by torx screws, as for the easiest way to route cables into the cab on ours we came in under the passenger seat but this was only because we fitted a slave battery in there & needed to drill the floor to vent it

photo of mine removed

33lchfa.jpg

this is showing with centre surround removed

Actual insert

j9c08i.jpg

Why are you guys ripping new vans to bits? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My radio is coming out again, everything else I drive has a touch screen & the vito unit annoys the life out of me

Hiya Out of interest what stereo did you go for as I was thinking of upgrading mine to maybe a Pioneer X5800DAB as the audio15 doesn't have a cd (old fashioned me I know (if only I could have tape as well lol)) and doesn't have DAB

Do you know what wiring kits will work with the camera and steering controls?

Still looking at mo don't fancy forking out for the dedicated Alpine unit tho, at the end of the day it's still a work van

How good is standard sound system, normally a lack of bass!? Has anyone upgraded the front speakers alone?

Id maybe like to do that on new van when it arrives if it makes a good difference. Dont want to upgrade standard headunit though.

What would be recommended and what size speakers are in them?

How good is standard sound system, normally a lack of bass!? Has anyone upgraded the front speakers alone?

Id maybe like to do that on new van when it arrives if it makes a good difference. Dont want to upgrade standard headunit though.

What would be recommended and what size speakers are in them?

I am in the process of upgrading
keeping existing alpine manufacture Audi 15 head

Now Ive got the van Im very pleasantly surprised with how good the standard Audio 15 sound system is!

Let me know what you're upgrade is and what difference it makes.

Does anyone know if/ how you get reverse camera up on screen at any point when driving?

Its possible on the Sprinter by pressing and holding the SYS button, but it doesnt seem to work on Vito.. Also YouTube videos show aftermarket cameras installed coming up by holding the back button or voice button on steering wheel. None seem to work. Cant see why it wouldnt if it has that on a Sprinter!?

Still looking at mo don't fancy forking out for the dedicated Alpine unit tho, at the end of the day it's still a work van

Wow. That costs a fortune! I will be doing the same as I think. Having had a touch screen with DAB, it feels a bit old school. Will also be looking to add a rear view camera to mine!

Have you made a decision on what you are going for yet?

My new van and headunit have arrived, is it a fairly quick job to replace the headunit, just wondering how much time I need to leave? Also can you use the GPS antenna from the audio 15 with nav prep for aftermarket units?

I installed a Pioneer DAB X5800 link here Pioneer AVH-X5800DAB Car Stereo and the sound is far superior to standard IMO and much more personalise-able with Graphic equalizer + Loudness + Bass boost etc.

Downsides are the adapter didn't work with the camera so i had to get a new camera and the the USB Aux also didn't wore in so now have separate sockets for those too!

My Vito only had front speakers x 4 so I also added 2 rear speakers under the captains chairs and its SO much better!

I now have DAB and with a booster aerial it picks up loads more with better reception than my standard Ford DAB radio.

On this HU you (passenger) can also select the camera whilst driving

Hi Guys, my 2015 vito radio has gone dead but can I find the fuse for it? No chance... anyone know where to look, Im aware there are a couple of fuseboxes and have had a tester on most of the fuses but cant find a dead one....im clearly missing something

Hi, I have vito 2012 and changes its stereo from MF2830 to New vito 2017 stereo called RY2540. It connected straight as fittings were same but RY2540 dont power up atall. Is there any suggestion or solution to this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom