Vito W447 roof bars - Can they be fitted without removing the roof lining?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Golich

Car
2019 Vito 116 sport long manual, 2008 Vito Dualliner Sport 150 compact manual, 2019 Transit Connect
Hi folks,

Relatively new on here, I took delivery of my brand new Vito W447 sport 116 long yesterday. It came without roof bars. I want to fit some. Unfortunately, its gone straight back into the workshop to investigate gear selection issues, so I have not been able to look on the roof to determine if they are a straight bolt on like my Caddy.

I've done a few searches on here and the net. I can't find anything definitive to tell me if I need to drop the roof lining?

Also, I am baulking at £300+VAT for the OEM bars verses circa £80-£100 for aftermarket roof bars. They will only be for cosmetic use, but I don't want anything flimsy or badly fitting. Also, if the roof lining does have to come down, I don't want anything that will corrode in a couple of years which may result in their removal and the having to drop the lining again!

I would phone a local M-B Commercial dealer to confirm but I can't imagine the genuine ones will be any different to the previous models which were bolt on from the outside.

I would phone a local M-B Commercial dealer to confirm but I can't imagine the genuine ones will be any different to the previous models which were bolt on from the outside.

Good idea - especially as I will be talking to them this week regarding the gear selection issues.

I had a close look at my Vito W639 just now and I'd never noticed in 8 years it has large plastic covers which I assume can be removed. They are pretty secure so I didn't try too hard in case I snap any blind clips. I hate that gutting realisation once a panel is removed and you've broken a clip because you didn't know how it was secured! :-(

Experience is expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom