Vito W639 3rd row rear seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James5969

Car
Vito 6 seater
Hello,

I’m after a bit of help with my next project.

I have a Vito W639 XLWB - 2007.

What I’d like to do is add the seat brackets in the rear of my vito, in the position where the 3rd row would be.

Reason being, I use my van when I take the kids motocross, and I’d like to be able to move the rear seats backwards to give a larger space in the middle to set up a table etc when they stop for lunch, especially when it’s raining.

I saw on Facebook a while back that the nuts are sometimes pre fitted in the tubes, and simply drilling through the floor in the right spots would give access. (I’m no longer on Fb)

Does anyone have the measurements of where the bolts should be to assist my search.

Many thanks

James. 843F0743-83BA-48D9-9F0B-D5397C4FBB80.jpeg

I have read that the bolt receivers 'may' be below the floor.

If memory serves
It was a few years ago that some members had fitted the rails, I seem to recall that one found the receivers waiting, but of course needed to drill in exactly the right place. The long rails would be a template for that.

Another had to cut slots to insert tapped plates and manoeuvre to the correct position.

Then there are insurance considerations.

I have read that the bolt receivers 'may' be below the floor.

If memory serves
It was a few years ago that some members had fitted the rails, I seem to recall that one found the receivers waiting, but of course needed to drill in exactly the right place. The long rails would be a template for that.

Another had to cut slots to insert tapped plates and manoeuvre to the correct position.

Then there are insurance considerations.

Tbh as I won’t be adding any seats, and using the rear clips when the van is parked up, I won’t be worried about any insurance issues.

What I’m after is the measurements between the rear bolt on the front line to the front bolt on the rear.
I’ve been searching the web but haven’t found it yet.

Regards

James.

Mine has the long rails, but I would imagine the same bolt down points would be used.
I can measure between bolts in the rails later.

Have you considered rotating the seats 180 degrees to give more picnic space? That'd be easier with the captain seats of course.

Last edited:
Mine has the long rails, but I would imagine the same bolt down pints would be used.
I can measure between bolts in the rails later.

Have you considered rotating the seats 180 degrees to give more picnic space? That'd be easier with the captain seats of course.

That would be a massive help if you could, thank you.

I did think about that, however I have the rear bench (2+1). A future job will be to fit two singles up front, with swivel bases, and the rear row in the 3rd row position, so the big space will be between the 5 seats.

I’m also upgrading the sound system (nothing too fancy as it’s a van, so not the best space for sound quality). On top of that I’m doing a full sound rebuild on the misses TT.

I do like to keep busy 🙂.

Not as straight forward as I though.
With seats out I'm trying to measure the bolts recessed inside the longer outside rail, so there is some possible error.

The sliders that the seats clip into are also in there so it may be that 2 bolts are hidden beneath.

But measuring from front to rear,
270mm - possibly hidden bolt - 575mm - 350mm - possible hidden bolt - 580mm - 570mm.

So 6 bolts visible, 2 possibly not.
I guess the measurement of the front bolts would be the same as your clips for some confirmation.

As it's the Dualiner I'm assuming you already have the rear speakers. In my earlier Dualiner I fitted 4x Pioneer TS-R1350S, 4 ohm, 250w peak, nominal 25W power. 44 - 31KHz. as the speakers were shot.

They went in easily enough, the result was ok, but some what lacking in Bass. I did try fitting some larger Pioneers to the very rear, into the pillar trim. That took some cutting / shaping and wasn't worth the effort. Although they faced forward I believe they were too far from the driver to give good effect.
The original speakers in this Viano sound better than the 4 TS-R1350S imo. But as they wear out I may have to consider replacements.
The HU is a 9" Chinese Android and I'm happy with that.

As it's the Dualiner I'm assuming you already have the rear speakers. In my earlier Dualiner I fitted 4x Pioneer TS-R1350S, 4 ohm, 250w peak, nominal 25W power. 44 - 31KHz. as the speakers were shot.

They went in easily enough, the result was ok, but some what lacking in Bass. I did try fitting some larger Pioneers to the very rear, into the pillar trim. That took some cutting / shaping and wasn't worth the effort. Although they faced forward I believe they were too far from the driver to give good effect.
The original speakers in this Viano sound better than the 4 TS-R1350S imo. But as they wear out I may have to consider replacements.
The HU is a 9" Chinese Android and I'm happy with that.

Thank you for taking the time to do that for me.

For the sound I’ve ripped everything out, I changed the door speakers for Hertz, and I’ve 6x9’s behind the front seats. These four are powered by a JL Audio XD400/4, I’m also running a 12inch JL Audio 12WO subwoofer powered by its own mono amp.

These were running off an old JVC head unit that I had laying about, but I’ve just ordered one of those android units.
I fitted one in the misses TT last week and it’s functionality with Apple CarPlay etc is excellent. Imo.

B429A5CB-5A5F-400B-A96D-164065A96AFE.jpeg

Reactions: m80
I take it that the 8G is RAM, I've only seen 4gig before, so nice spec.
Tbh looks wise it looks identical to mine, with different screen app layout.
Those speakers sound to be the biz.

I'm intending removing door cards and interior panels to improve sound insulation. Whenever I jump in Mrs Me's 211 I feel the difference. I'm not expecting to get to that level of quite driving but somewhere closer would be nice.

Today's little job was to fit a mobile cradle / charger for me as driver. That'll be put to test next week.

Did the measurements have any purpose?

Attachments

• DSCN1599.JPG
    DSCN1599.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 3
I take it that the 8G is RAM, I've only seen 4gig before, so nice spec.
Tbh looks wise it looks identical to mine, with different screen app layout.
Those speakers sound to be the biz.

I'm intending removing door cards and interior panels to improve sound insulation. Whenever I jump in Mrs Me's 211 I feel the difference. I'm not expecting to get to that level of quite driving but somewhere closer would be nice.

Today's little job was to fit a mobile cradle / charger for me as driver. That'll be put to test next week.

Did the measurements have any purpose?

A sound deadening mat such as sound skinz would be a big improvement, but would quickly get costly on a vehicle with big flat panels such as our Vitos.
The phone cradle looks good, I need to think of a phone holder/charging solution for mine. I was thinking a wireless pad in the slot to the right of the steering wheel below the light switch, but my phone is about 2mm too wide.

This unit is the latest 8gb ram android 11, so I’m looking forward to comparing it to the 4gb ram 64 rom I fitted last week. As they are both PX6 the only real difference should be the load up speed, which tbh is about 4 seconds on the TT’s one.

I have my kids this weekend, so I’ve not yet been out to lift the floor and make some pilot holes, but I’ll update as soon as I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom