Vito W639 Central Locking Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matteovito

Car
Vito W639
Hey there,

My central locking only works for my driver and passenger front doors. The rear sliding doors and back door will unlock via remote but will not lock. My dash shows up that my rear (sliding I assume) doors are open even when they are shut. I assumed that it was an issue with the contact pads as by divine miracle the central locking worked a couple of months ago, that is until I opened the doors again and the problem persisted.

Please see attached an image with my old contact pads and the 'new' ones I got from a wrecker.

179427770_151888093564861_2004265460208343421_n.jpg

I had sanded the original in hope to create better contact with the sliding door. I have also taken off my passenger and driver footwells to check the wiring and it all seems to be ok and not corroded/broken anywhere. The pins line up on each side for the contact pads too.

I have checked for a contact pad for my rear door but I could not see anything.

Perhaps I need to fork out for some new contact pads instead of trying with already worn out ones... Any and all advice is appreciated!

Check the catch for wear. The looped metal bracket wears so the door doesn't shut firmly enough.

BlackC55 - which catch do you mean? We have the same Vitto with the same problem. Although, I can manage to get it in a closed state to lock - but that's anywhere from 30-50% of the time and it can also unlock at the vitto is driving (randomly).

Matteovitto - you got to just keep opening and closing the door, eventually the car senses the door has closed and it will then let you lock the rear doors. It's a pain, but persevernce I can usually get it to lock, but the problem is almost a daily occurrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom