vito w639 drive shaft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan696

Car
vito 111 dualiner
Had anyone changed drive shafts on vito 639? Both inner boots have split on mine and c v joints are starting to chirp a bit. Any advice on how to remove shafts would be appreciated.
Cheers Dan

In basic terms,
Jack up and support vehicle leaving wheels hanging, remove rear springs.
Drain diff, undo prop and remove diff, the diff will come out backwards and will need some twist to get out, then just undo drive shaft nuts and remove.
This way you won't need tracking, if you remove suspension arms you will need tracking

Quite a big job then I was hoping removing the dampers and caliper etc would allow suspension arm to drop enough pull the shaft out of the hub. Wishful thinking I supose

Hi, a little late to this post!! Does the diff or the whole trailing arm Need to be removed to get a left or right drive shaft out, to get access to change a wheel bearing. Put a better/different way, can you get a driveshaft out with out remove completely the diff or the trailing arm? Look fwd to anyone’s help advise or experiences.

hi, did you ever get a resolve to this ? as iam about to do the same job on my vito
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom