Vito (W639 ) handbrake / footpedal -long travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
W639 handbrake pedal travel The footpedal in my Vito ( W639 2007) goes a long way down before it "goes tight " considerably more than in my mercedes saloon cars . I have today adjusted the wheel cogs inside the brake drum to bind then just backed off a couple of single cogs to free rotation , yet it still goes a long way down. It seems to be effective and passed last MOT like that 2 months ago, but it just feels along way to press compared to all 3 of my Mercedes cars. I want it top notch as it goes on the handbrake on the slipway with 1.8 tons of boat hanging off the back I dont think its a good idea to put all that load through the Park Spline locks on the auto transmission Is my cable stretched or are they "all like that sir "
Thanks
Boyd

Back the gears off about 4-5 teeth and then underneath there is a adjuster for the cable, the travel will probably be in the cable.

all done less travel now and feels tighter but does not feel as tight as saloons but holds adequately on a hill so must be alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom