Vito W639 Heater Control Panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilTheVan

Car
2010 Mercedes Benz Vito W639, 111CDi Compact
Hello all, I hope you're well?

I have just treated myself to a 2010 Vito 111CDi Compact which I'm greatly enjoying. Among a few little niggles is the heater control. I can't adjust either the temperature nor where the air is being blown (windscreen, feet, face etc). After taking the front panel off I found that neither dial is connected to the control. The control arm (I don't know that actual name which is part of the issue) for the temperature dial wasn't plugged in, it was just hanging loose so I've plugged that in and can now adjust the temperature with no issues. Trouble is the control arm for the other dial is missing completely so there's no way to adjust where the air goes and I don't know the name of the part or the part number, or even if I can get one of these little bits? I found the image below which has the parts labelled as A and B :-

1636906336955.png

Can anyone please help? The part numbers or even names would be great - I can find the whole heater control on eBay but don't need the whole thing.

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

I always found it easier to go to a dealer explain what is wanted and let them look it up. Saves getting the number wrong. Must be a commercial dealer nearby.

The heater control panel has been off for some reason. Your parts A & B are tricky to align when trying to reassemble and have possibly fallen off during this process, bad news is I think you have to buy the whole unit as the bits you want arnt available separately. Hope I’m wrong on this though. If you hunt around you might find your bits deep in the dash somewhere, as they may have fallen off during re assembly

The heater control panel has been off for some reason. Your parts A & B are tricky to align when trying to reassemble and have possibly fallen off during this process, bad news is I think you have to buy the whole unit as the bits you want arnt available separately. Hope I’m wrong on this though. If you hunt around you might find your bits deep in the dash somewhere, as they may have fallen off during re assembly
Apologies for the late reply.

Yes, the ones left dangling were a bit of a mission to get in so I'm fully expecting trying to align 2 at the same time will be even more exciting. I've had a bit of a ferret about in the dash looking for the missing one but no joy. I've found the part numbers now and they're about £12 so I think I'll buy replacements rather than taking the front of the van off!

You might find it here
I did find the parts here, thanks very much! Seems to be PN# A 00 083 300 79 so we'll see how that goes. The place I bought the van from will source the parts for me so that's a win.

Thanks again.

Reactions: m80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom