Vito W639 heater control upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dibbers

Car
fiat coupe / laguna / fiat barchetta
Hi all, first post - looking to buy a Dualiner very soon! I am a fan of climate as opposed to manual aircon, but note that this is an unusual option on the vans ive seen so far.
so, should I find the "perfect" can minus this option, how simple is it to retrofit the digital climaite control onto a van in place of the manual dials? is this something anyone has ever done, or does it involve major changes and costs elsewhere within the vehicle system?
thanks in advance!

I did the very first one and have done 4 now, not easy but the harness is now available from parts.
Expensive but worth it in the right van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, thanks for the reply - IF you were to do a 5th(!), what is an approximate cost?

£150 labour you come to me.
There is about £700 in parts

noted - viewing a van tomorrow, these are not prohibitive costs, will let you know. presume parts are dial cluster, dash fascia, and others???? thanks again.

Yes you need the digital control.
Dash fascia.
Sun sensor.
Stepper motor.
Digital resister.
Wiring harness
Coding.
It works as factory fitted.

I am a fan of climate as opposed to manual aircon, but note that this is an unusual option on the vans ive seen so far.

When we got our 120 in 2007 climate control (Thermotronic) was £1390 plus VAT as a factory option, so yes it's pretty rare! The 120 came with normal aircon (Tempmatic) as standard - that was £780 plus VAT as an option, but if you wanted to upgrade to climate you had to pay the full option price for it (not just the difference)?! :mad:

viewed, drove, and put a deposit down today on a 2013 plate "122", will be mooching around the threads to look at personalisation options! will be in touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom