Vito W639 Newbie many electrical issues.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phataardvark

Car
Vito 115CDi Compact W639, Porsche 911
Hi All

I am new to this forum so sorry if i have missed some resources somewhere that would help me, but i did look first.

So I will kick it off with my main question, I cannot find the correct fuse box layout?
I have attached a picture of what looks like the correct version of the fuse box which i found on a forum and may have the next page too but not sure but i need the following pages for the two sub fuse boxes in engine bay etc that match up with this version of the fuse box as any version i can find online is for a different revision of the fuse box and none of the fuse values match up so i doubt any of the fuse uses and numbers match up.

Next issue, my ignition switches on fine and dash all lights up, but I cannot turn over starter with the key, instead there is a badly rigged up starter button as well which needs to be used. Is it common for the EIS module to fail just on starter circuit, is it likely to be something else that caused previous owner to get this bodge done?

Alarm is troublesome, randomly goes off even if interior sensors and towaway are switched, switches seam to work as expected. Do I gather most likely issue is corroded or failed battery inside alarm horn, and do i gather this is inside passenger wing somewhere?

Dash screen panel only comes on when it feels like it but does have almost all lines working on it, is this likely to be dry joint or loose connection or is this just a sign the panel is failing, dont want to spend £60 on a new panel if i dont have to.

Finally my heater is completely dead, I have the full climate control with LCD panel and there is no function at all, no lights on buttons, no heater fan etc, temp always on high, is this likely to be dead controller, fuse, connection etc.?

Sorry to have so many questions, its just because I am new (and stuck at home)

Attachments

• Vito fuses.jpg
    Vito fuses.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 6
The fuse layout is confusing but it comes with study. Best to use the numbered key. All in the manual you should be able to pick one up which also covers the other fuse layouts. The alarm horn is behind the bumper and quite low. Had to get ours re-sited as to get to our place is through a ford and it didn't like getting wet.

The problem is the fuse box changes and manuals only show the fuse box for the original vehicle.
Just spent £35 on an owners handbook and it has the wrong fuse box again so no use.
Please if someone has the manual for the correct Vito with the fuse box layout shown I attached picture can they post it on here.

Your fuse / relay panel is different to mine,
but I can see that the clip on fuse carriers are the same colours, so that might well mean that the fuse designation of the side fuses and even the two lower fuse banks are the same.

I created an xl diagram some years ago to make sense of the fuses as the manual just makes identification confusing, although with careful study sense can be made.

Anyway here it is as a jpg. The relay board fuses will be wrong but possibly the two side rows and lower two banks will be the same.
This is for the Viano that very likely had many more used fuse ways used than a Vito, so ignore the extras.

Attachments

• 639 Fuse Board.jpg
    639 Fuse Board.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Viano Fuse Board.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom