Vito (W639) tailgate trim removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trucknightmares

Car
2010 Vito 113cdi Dualiner
Looking to install a reversing camera in place of one of the number plate lights but can't see how the interior trim of the rear tailgate comes off so I can route the wiring.

Found the 2 screws that secure the grab handles but not sure if I'll break clips if i just try tugging the trim off.

Any help would be appreciated.

All sorted thanks to a mate who's an ex MB dealer tech.

All up and running. Just need a proper power connection for the monitor - using the reverse light feed from the fuse box instead of the interior light as the screen "flickers" as no signal transmitted from the camera.
uploadfromtaptalk1458420592974.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458420598522.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458420602978.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How did you remove the interior panelling? Looking to do this myself with a number plate cam

Thanks

All up and running. Just need a proper power connection for the monitor - using the reverse light feed from the fuse box instead of the interior light as the screen "flickers" as no signal transmitted from the camera.
View attachment 56640
View attachment 56641
View attachment 56642

View attachment 56640
View attachment 56641
View attachment 56642

Remove the screws holding the trim around the central opening handle. With a plastic wedge lever it off looks flimsy but it will come off with care. Remove any other screws that go through the door trim if any. Lever up the bottom of the trim until you hear it pop off the retainers and then work round freeing it. If you have any other trim that surrounds a rear window it will all lever off but do it gently noting that the side pieces fit into the top and must be withdrawn to the rear. Very easy to break the green retainers on the main door trim so you might get some replacements just in case not expensive.

How did you edit this thread to read, 'solved'? (I've asked this question before on other sub forums but have never read an answer!)

How did you edit this thread to read, 'solved'? (I've asked this question before on other sub forums but have never read an answer!)

I thought it’s not possible on the new forum software. (This thread was posted a while ago when the old software would have been running)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom