VMAX 200 events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guys, Hello again, I hope you're all well and all your insane cars are in fine fettle!

Firstly, an apology. I've been absent from all of the forums I enjoy posting on, solely due to workload setting up our AV events for 2015 but also in working on the future for Vmax200.

I am starting to get the workload behind me and plan to spend more time engaging with you all. I also really appreciate so many of you coming along to evoMax and making it such a great day.

Before I move on however, another apology. I have been speaking with Ricky who is an incredible ambassador for the forum and I want to set a few things straight following evoMax.

It's not usual that I give any behind the scenes info and I haven't posted about this elsewhere as it hasn't been raised but it probably affected you guys more than anyone else on the day.

In short, for that event only and in an attempt to ensure more of you got your Vmax, you may have seen the giant display board at the quarter mile mark. Now, initially, there were two of those, and they were at the end of the runway, one each side. We had them there 2 weeks before and did a day of testing and they worked brilliantly. We were there the day before and again, perfect. On the day, one broke early doors. typically.

So with zero notice I had to deploy 2 guns which worked well, and much smaller display boards which I had for emergencies. What this however meant was that it was harder for you to read your speeds from the cars, but also, that our speed team found it near impossible to get your speeds also, as there were lots of very similar (at 180mph plus mph) cars coming past at once, invariably with the number on the wrong side (because with the big boards, either side would have been fine). I did have Vboxes on the day which I was handing out as much as possible, but it was a case of making the best of the situation.

In future I'll have two back ups, more people in the speed team but also numbering on both sides and front or back. Live and learn.

A couple of people also brought up that left hand launch lane. I have already flagged this up to Brunters as needing urgent attention and will do so again on Monday.

Moving on though, everyone seemed to have a great day and it was great to see you all as it always is. I love the fact that the super saloons can mix it with the latest exotica and humble many.

We are in the process of having a new Vmax website built and i'd love to feature any speeds you saw on gps so please let me know make and model and your name and I'll have them added in the top guns section.

In terms of moving forwards we have a Porsche only event at Dunsfold the home of Top Gear in early March. This was at the request of the owners for our first event as they wanted "quiet cars",however, moving forwards after this first one If you'd like to be involved then it could be a special venue.

We have a Vmax200 which I'd love you to attend at Brunters on Mar 28th, and then another on Sep 12th. However, we are also running on an incredibly smooth Runway in Wales on July 11th as part of our destination Wales event and then on the Landspeed record beach on the morning of July 12th. For you guys, you're welcome to come to these events without doing the whole tour. (please keep that in house though).

I hope to slot in another event at Bruntingthorpe and would love to have you along.

If you'd like to come along then please mail me on [email protected] marking subject MB. For you guys only for this first event I'll be reducing the price by enough to buy your lunch. I promise we'll have better catering too so you wont need the week off work afterwards.

I thank you all for your continued interest in Vmax200. If you have any questions or queries please drop me a line. Thanks all.

Thanks Craig,

Looking forward to a number of these.

Interest registered already do you want date specifics responses or will you be sending out the usual parties invites.

Cheers and see you soon.

Justin

Top man.
Thank you for all the info.
Sadly I'm out of a fast car at the moment but I will certainly back when I have a suitable chariot!

Great event and great day out! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the heads up Craig! :thumb:

Ricky your pm box is full mate! :thumb:

Ricky your pm box is full mate! :thumb:

Bruno, mate, just off to bed, working all weekend! Ugh! could you get my mob no. off Rash
and text me your no. and I will call you tomorrow morning mate.
Speak to Rash, I have a game plan for a jolly out along the lines of which CW has spelt out tonight, needs some investigating, but think it could work for a group of us. Hopefully speak with you Saturday.

R

ricky s said:
Bruno, mate, just off to bed, working all weekend! Ugh! could you get my mob no. off Rash and text me your no. and I will call you tomorrow morning mate. Speak to Rash, I have a game plan for a jolly out along the lines of which CW has spelt out tonight, needs some investigating, but think it could work for a group of us. Hopefully speak with you Saturday. R
I'm hoping to hear from you tomorrow mate! :thumb:
Pm sent

HI guys,
just quickly to say having spoken with Bruno this morning, who is also liaising with a few other guys here regards the proposed Vmax jolly weekend in Wales, that I had a brief communication with CW regards numbers we would be permitted, given that this trip of his was primarily a contained Aventi tour and dual Vmax. I have also asked to the potential cost of the 2 events for us. He voiced a little concern too the space available on the 11th, that the airfield is able to cope with numbers of cars, we may be limited to a number, and then that the 12th is that there is a 3-4 hour window that the sand area is safe to use, there after the tide comes in, bagsy you go last Bruno!:D He is going to look at everything and come back to me on Monday, so hopefully, he, or I will advise where we are all at on Monday, but seems a lot of interest for this trip:thumb:

ricky s said:
HI guys, just quickly to say having spoken with Bruno this morning, who is also liaising with a few other guys here regards the proposed Vmax jolly weekend in Wales, that I had a brief communication with CW regards numbers we would be permitted, given that this trip of his was primarily a contained Aventi tour and dual Vmax. I have also asked to the potential cost of the 2 events for us. He voiced a little concern too the space available on the 11th, that the airfield is able to cope with numbers of cars, we may be limited to a number, and then that the 12th is that there is a 3-4 hour window that the sand area is safe to use, there after the tide comes in, bagsy you go last Bruno!:D He is going to look at everything and come back to me on Monday, so hopefully, he, or I will advise where we are all at on Monday, but seems a lot of interest for this trip:thumb:
always me!:D

I am going to the Wales dates i can't wait. Just waiting to get my SL back. I am hoping for around 700 BHP. Should be a good test.

I am going to the Wales dates i can't wait. Just waiting to get my SL back. I am hoping for around 700 BHP. Should be a good test.

Hi F1, would be interested to know what you are having done.

Mark.

I may be interested in this too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom