VMAX 200 events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't worry markbe I am doing a wide body kit so top end is not going to be the best.

My mod list:

Wide body kit
20" Carlsson ultra light wheels
Brembo BBK 405mm front 380mm rear
Voltphreaks lithium batteries around 15lb for both.
Quaife LSD
K-Mac camber bushings
Lowering links
Speedriven intercooler and upgraded pump
Speedriven H/E
Speedriven scorpion intake - K/N filters
Hurricane intake scoops
3" downpipes
3" full stainless exhaust with X pipe
Eurocharged TCU
Eurocharged custom tune
Dads intercooler tank
Alpine 007 car play head unit
Piano black interior
Spare wheel and tool removal.
Down around 250lb from stock.

Last edited:
I would love to do some Recaro seats but with the belts being integrated this will be difficult.

Has anybody done a harness bar on an SL?

F1BHP said:
Don't worry markbe I am doing a wide body kit so top end is not going to be the best. My mod list: Wide body kit 20" Carlsson ultra light wheels Brembo BBK 405mm front 380mm rear Voltphreaks lithium batteries around 15lb for both. Quaife LSD K-Mac camber bushings Lowering links Speedriven intercooler and upgraded pump Speedriven H/E Speedriven scorpion intake - K/N filters Hurricane intake scoops 3" downpipes 3" full stainless exhaust with X pipe Eurocharged TCU Eurocharged custom tune Dads intercooler tank Alpine 007 car play head unit Piano black interior Spare wheel and tool removal. Down around 250lb from stock.

Morning I assume by your posts you are currently getting your body kit fitted? What kit did you go for and do you have any pics?

Cheers

Justin

Just for clarity guys,love to have you along to Wales. The Saturday 11th Vmax on the runway I could potentially take a fair few of you,the Sunday on the beach as Ricky said is a much shorter affair as clearly we can only run when it's safe, but home in time for tea this way!

ongoing thanks to Ricky for his time liaising and hope you all had a good weekend gents!

Just for clarity guys,love to have you along to Wales. The Saturday 11th Vmax on the runway I could potentially take a fair few of you,the Sunday on the beach as Ricky said is a much shorter affair as clearly we can only run when it's safe, but home in time for tea this way!

Hi Craig,

Hooww loooonnngggg is the smoooooooooth runway?

Mark.

Don't worry markbe I am doing a wide body kit so top end is not going to be the best.

My mod list:

Wide body kit
20" Carlsson ultra light wheels
Brembo BBK 405mm front 380mm rear
Voltphreaks lithium batteries around 15lb for both.
Quaife LSD
K-Mac camber bushings
Lowering links
Speedriven intercooler and upgraded pump
Speedriven H/E
Speedriven scorpion intake - K/N filters
Hurricane intake scoops
3" downpipes
3" full stainless exhaust with X pipe
Eurocharged TCU
Eurocharged custom tune
Dads intercooler tank
Alpine 007 car play head unit
Piano black interior
Spare wheel and tool removal.
Down around 250lb from stock.

Hi FI,
Good set up there,
Are you fitting 200 cats?
Are the intercoolers moved behind the front bumper?
?? Dads intercooler tank??go on reveal!
Are you keeping all 4 back exhaust boxes?

Mark.

Yes 200cell sports cats 3" pipe straight back. I will see what the sound is like before I decide what else to put back.

The intakes are currently in the engine bay.( take a look at my sig ) However I may be doing a custom 4" intake with the filters behind the front grille as the new body kit allows for much more room up front. I will see if the heat soak becomes an issue first.

Look up dadscustomintercoolertank ( just a custom tank which will go where the starter battery was. As the new lithiums are both going in the boot. ) he is slow but does good work.

The body kit is from suhorovsky. It uses a lot of the SLS black design features and I think it will be similar to the R231 black whenever that will be released.

Markbe have you had much issue with heat soak? What kind of intake are you running?

I think the runway is 1.6 miles.

Last edited:
Yes 200cell sports cats 3" pipe straight back. I will see what the sound is like before I decide what else to put back.

The intakes are currently in the engine bay.( take a look at my sig ) However I may be doing a custom 4" intake with the filters behind the front grille as the new body kit allows for much more room up front. I will see if the heat soak becomes an issue first.

Look up dadscustomintercoolertank ( just a custom tank which will go where the starter battery was. As the new lithiums are both going in the boot. ) he is slow but does good work.

The body kit is from suhorovsky. It uses a lot of the SLS black design features and I think it will be similar to the R231 black whenever that will be released.

Markbe have you had much issue with heat soak? What kind of intake are you running?

I think the runway is 1.6 miles.

Hi,

I have the original intercooler but with uprated pumps.
At Vmax before the exhaust and pumps my 2nd run would be slower because of the heat build up.
Now with the new exhaust [200 cats 3" pipes, rear boxes retained primary rear boxes no baffling, and is quiet!] and the new pumps, it takes a couple of runs to fully warm up.
Extra cooling would be needed to run continually though.
Standard air intake, I have tried removing the air filters but it made no difference.
Though looking at the air filter boxes they most certainly could be better designed.

Do you know where the Welsh runway is?

Mark.

I don't know but on one of my emails I think they mentioned 1.6 miles. Don't quote me!

Are you running 2 pumps on the intercooler side or just one upgraded as you said upgrades pumps.

Ace sorry no pics yet. I am hoping to pick it up this weekend. I will causing mental instability amongst the AMG guys as I will be putting AMG Black badges on. Let the poser ridicule begin. However the fact that none of them will be able to keep up might keep the volume down.

Ace sorry no pics yet. I am hoping to pick it up this weekend. I will causing mental instability amongst the AMG guys as I will be putting AMG Black badges on. Let the poser ridicule begin. However the fact that none of them will be able to keep up might keep the volume down.

Like the competition. You cars sounds great and it's always good to push the boundaries.
The power levels have gone throw the roof now with other AMGs, so I can't wait to see your car in action :thumb:

Last edited:

I like what you do with your car but that's a very bold statement!

There might be a few of us that will be keeping up.

F1BHP said:

No worries. I would not go for the black series badging myself I would stay with what it is or debadge other wise your turning all your good work into a wannabe. And as Alx an d Lee said you may have to go a but further than you are before you leave a number of the cars here behind.

Keep us update and I look forward to seeing it at a vmax soon.

F1BHP said:
looking forward to see you in the track!;)

I don't know but on one of my emails I think they mentioned 1.6 miles. Don't quote me!

Are you running 2 pumps on the intercooler side or just one upgraded as you said upgrades pumps.

2 Upgraded pumps replacing the standard ones

Mark.

My car is a wannabe. It has a black series body kit.

I actually wanted to buy a black series but wanted to have the drop top so this is why I started on the route of building a black series convertible.

Maybe I just like the Spice girls? Who knows

All in good fun and car enthusiasm. Hope to catch up with some of you at VMAX. It will be good to see the MB well supported.

F1BHP - why not start a separate thread on your car , leave this one for VMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom