VMAX Bruntingthorpe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Thanks to GregE240 I was able to go along to the VMAX event at Bruntingthorpe this Sunday, and mingle with lots of other high powered cars.

The good thing with VMAX is that you run two at a time, and can compare performance with others, as well as top speed.

I run with the following cars:
- Ferrari 355
- Porsche 996 Turbo
- Porsch 993 Turbo
- Porsche GT3
- BMW M3 CSL
- Mercedes SL600 Kleemann chipped to 610bhp
- Audi RS6 tunned and chipped to 550bhp
- TVR Chimera

I managed to beat all except the SL600, which got to 187mph against my best of 177mph. The Porsche got a lead due to wheelspin but I managed to hold onto it with no more room being gained.

No pictures, but some good video’s (might be sea sick):

First, a warm up lap with 15,000 BHP of cars on the runway, a bit wobbly but gets an idea of the circuit.
Warm Up video

Top speed run on my own, checking the speedo out

Secondly I ran with a Audi RS6 which had been upgraded by engine mods and a chip to 550bhp. I managed to beat him by 4mph, which I don’t think he was too pleased about :D
550bhp RS6 v CL55

Thirdly a run with a 996 Porsche Turbo. I has ESP off on this run and had massive wheelspin thus he got the lead, but once traction re-gained I held onto him pretty well.
Major Wheel Spin v's Porsche Turbo

The only problem I had is with those modified Porsches, and Ruf’s, so it looks like the CL55 may have to go early next year, and be replaced by something with a V12 and twin turbo’s with at least 700bhp :D I recon I’ll be OK then ;)

Cool movies. Looks like a CL65 is on the shopping list then to dispense with the odd ones!

Edit: Presumeably you were two up. Were the others solo or with passenger(s)?

Alfie said:
Cool movies. Looks like a CL65 is on the shopping list then to dispense with the odd ones!

Edit: Presumeably you were two up. Were the others solo or with passenger(s)?

Yep, I was two up. The TVR, RS6, Porsche were only drivers, no passengers

Looks like a good day! Cheers for posting the video's.

Told you at the GTG Matt, i know someone who may be getting shot of his CL65 soon..... ;)

nice one Matt, im impressed, looked like it was a fun day out!!

Howard said:
Told you at the GTG Matt, i know someone who may be getting shot of his CL65 soon..... ;)

If it's a few grand less than the cheapest one on the MB UK website i'd be interested ;)

I'll ask him, he was hooning around in an Aston V12 from HWM in Walton the other day, saying he was going to change the CL for it.

He will probably p/ex it , but i'll ask him what he would take cash for it ...

Howard said:
I'll ask him, he was hooning around in an Aston V12 from HWM in Walton the other day, saying he was going to change the CL for it.

He will probably p/ex it , but i'll ask him what he would take cash for it ...

A snip at any price with such a famous previous owner!

My mother lives next door (well the farmhouse next door to her Barn) to the Chairman of HWM. He has some lovely old Astons in his Garage, and a Yacht, and a pool, and 10 acres and horses....... Me thinks they make too much money these car traders!

LOL, just phoned up MB Hertford about one they have, but 'no-one was available to help me', guess a test drives out of the question then!

Roll on the day my Broadband arrives :rolleyes:

2 weeks and counting..........

Awesome introduction to the worl of broad band :D

Not sure how I managed without it :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom