Vmax video. My Eurocharged C63 vs DMS F80 M3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
Both cars are nigh on the same on paper regarding output. Skip to 8 mins for the better of the 2 races. Another race at 3:30 where he gets away first.

https://youtu.be/GxCKwgYUSCE

Pretty impressive to be fair to say with a map they are at least 500bhp and min 150kg lighter. The first one was more impressive with the bad start.

I have recently had the gearbox update at merc on mine and with the eurocharged after testing it properly now I can notice the improvement. It may be worth getting yours done too.

That was an impressive race, I like the way it shows the C63 mid-range torque, the BMW was trying too :thumb:

Nice vid. The beamer is pretty quick!

Your car did well.

The Aventador would have had you even if you had got a good start... formidable machines those with that power to weight.

The BMW is circa 525bhp and a manual. The shifts are easy in these though and he appeared to be doing a good job. Both runs were identical speed gap wise. 173 BMW vs 179 for the C63 on the first run as we both had passengers. The second run was solo and we hit 175 BMW vs 181 C63. From 165 the C63 is away and the M3 stands no chance. Impressive cars those M3's but I had honestly expected better from it!

Last edited:
Your car did well.

The Aventador would have had you even if you had got a good start... formidable machines those with that power to weight.

My car didn't race the Aventador. The camera car is a tuned F80 M3

Pretty impressive to be fair to say with a map they are at least 500bhp and min 150kg lighter. The first one was more impressive with the bad start.

I have recently had the gearbox update at merc on mine and with the eurocharged after testing it properly now I can notice the improvement. It may be worth getting yours done too.

What's involved with the TCU upgrade? I'm interested as i may do vmax again in Sept

My car didn't race the Aventador. The camera car is a tuned F80 M3

Ah got you. I clicked the link before reading properly...

Yeah, but that's development and technology for you.

What's involved with the TCU upgrade? I'm interested as i may do vmax again in Sept

Its not the aftermarket TCU upgrade. Its a newly release one from Merc. I am pretty sure its the same software they use on the new w205 c63. Its free if you have warrenty.

Its not the aftermarket TCU upgrade. Its a newly release one from Merc. I am pretty sure its the same software they use on the new w205 c63. Its free if you have warrenty.

I'm assuming it will need the map removed for it to work?

Update the TCU map Eddie and then VBOX. Any differences and I'll give you a reach round on the house. ;)

TCU snake oil...... we've been here before! :D

Ha! I'll take you up on that Shaun. Get your hand cream out.

I had a TCU software update last December as part of a service.
Do you know when this latest version was released?
Just wondering whether I've already got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom