vmax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Really not looking to thread on toes here, but are any of you guys booked or considering booking into the next Vmax event, just wondering if I will have any company, but I know it does clash with another event posted here. Who is going to events and where?:rolleyes:

Don't think the Rover could handle a runway run Ricky :D

And I could only get 115mph out of my van on an autobahn a few weeks ago :rolleyes: should of left the ladders and steps on site rather than on the roof rack.

Don't think I will be doing this next one even though it is a great day out.

I am really tempted to do my headers at some point when finances allow.

New boiler didn't help. :rolleyes:

Probably the early one next year I think.

Thanks guys its not a problem at all, more so as it clashes with another event here, I am just asking as wondering if I am going to be 'billy nomates' on the day, but seen at least one other has asked CW to attend vmax, feel there wil be a few txts going from one event the other on the day, to how we are all getting on!:cool:

Hi ricky. What is the date of vmax.

Im just in the process of getting jerry to map both engine and gearbox ecu's for a customer of mine.

So my customer is eager to test the car out and mentioned to him about vmax. When i mentioned it to him he was like a kid with all his xmas coming at once.

Has anyone else booked the Vmax day, I know of one other here, just interested if anyone else coming along.

ricky s said:
Has anyone else booked the Vmax day, I know of one other here, just interested if anyone else coming along.

Hi Ricky,

I'm down for the event, got my email from CW this pm. Will be traveling up from the south east that morning.

See you there

Cheers,
CTR55

Hi Ricky,

I'm down for the event, got my email from CW this pm. Will be traveling up from the south east that morning.

See you there

Cheers,
CTR55

I am also south east based, but am staying up at an hotel nearer the event for the night, otherwise I would have caught up with you and convoyed up, but great to see another member coming up, believe that's 3 of us at least, look forward to meeting you, have you been on this vmax event before?;)

ricky s said:
I am also south east based, but am staying up at an hotel nearer the event for the night, otherwise I would have caught up with you and convoyed up, but great to see another member coming up, believe that's 3 of us at least, look forward to meeting you, have you been on this vmax event before?;)

The thought of staying close by and not having to get up so early sounds like a great idea, but Mrs R won't be to pleased as I'll just be back from LM after a week or so, First timer at this event, so will take the advice and build up the speed over a few runs.

Anyone else got there name down ?

The thought of staying close by and not having to get up so early sounds like a great idea, but Mrs R won't be to pleased as I'll just be back from LM after a week or so, First timer at this event, so will take the advice and build up the speed over a few runs.

Anyone else got there name down ?

No you won't, you might take it easy on your first solo run but once you are head to head you will gun it all the way like everyone else :devil:

Rickys probably still sat in the hotel hot tub drinking bubbly.

There was no wind yesterday what speed did he reach.........195?

198mph :cool: :bannana:

Markbe reach 200mph then?

Wow nice one Ricky. That's a good effort!

:thumb:

198mph :cool: :bannana:

Markbe reach 200mph then?

Mark had left just gone lunch time, so not sure where he had got to, yes no wind but it was getting a little warm, so speeds may have been dropping. I personally had one aborted run in the morning, then around 2ish, drained off my split cooling system, and loaded up 75-80% of my ice, along with a tiny passenger, explaining to him what I was going to do, braking wise, he was as good as gold for a little 'un, I would have been terrified, the run felt good, and focussed totally to running to the line, then hitting the brakes, that braking run seems so so short at 190+!, had 2 more runs in the afternoon, but not till I asked at end of the day where I ended up, was I told my 2nd run was at 198, I was made up with that news, but given the weapons that were there on the day, possibly the most speedster day I have been there, my car was potentially one of the slowest cars there!:( the Porsches and at least a dozen GTR's, one of which got to 230 with gearbox issue's, how is one to compete with that type of power, there was also a TTRS, modified, gave as good as it got on launches with the GTR's, a very impressive new Jaguar XFR so quick and the sound was awesome, a couple of C63's there, CTR55's Sl55 giving a great account of himself and a CLK Black which ran for numerous runs, and whilst the day is a great event, being left behind in speeds by the more newer and expensive cars, am left asking myself is it all worth it, am never going to get that speed out of my car, better for me to sell up, and move on to a GTR or perhaps that Jag, so it left me in what I considered my personal success of the day, pondering to myself, should I move on! Driving home this afternoon with wifey, began to think , no I love this car, it's a great car, entering Brighton, car went into limp mode, problems!!! Jez! so that to sort out now, but do hear there may be another Vmax coming up in a few months time, my cars gonna be fixed hopefully in next couple of weeks, its got another/1 more mod in mind, and if weathers good, going to another Vmax200 event again, all this is so addictive, but weirdly very painful, but fun at the same time:thumb: looking forward to it? yes I am.

Well done Ricky that is seriously quick, I now what you mean on the new generation of turbo cars (although the GTR's have been around a while they do just seen to be getting quicker).

If it was a straight line rolling start it would be a lot closer, but with all the new electronics the latest cars just seem to launch quicker and quicker and on the bend some of them will just leave us all for dead.

You need to put its in perspective though a standard 55K would only hit around 170-174 mph at Brunts, you would be accelerating away at more than 2 car length per second!

You need to put its in perspective though a standard 55K would only hit around 170-174 mph at Brunts, you would be accelerating away at more than 2 car length per second!

Appreciate your comments and the figure's mate, but in this instance no 55's to play with that day, bar CTR, and we did not manage a head to head, it was really busy out there, 60+ cars, so never got to play with those figue's, but it was a fun day though and a lot warmer than when yourself , Johneboy and I were there last time, seem to recall you said, 'I am off to the burger wagon I may be gone some time' it was so cold!:p. But later in the afternoon my third run had the better of the 63 black without any ice, so that was another very tiny moment for me on the day, but there really was some monstrous equipment there Saturday. I hear that dutch plated silver Porsche, that did 217 1 mile up the straight and limit out when John and yourself were there, is being taken apart in the hope to reassemble to do at least 235 for next Vmax, hells bells.:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom