Vmax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55jay

Car
E55k Amg gone! C63 Amg landed :-)
Has anybody done Vmax event? Do we do it as a club etc
What everybody's exspiriances that has done it??

Cheers for any info :thumb:

ecain63 done it before.

Its by invitation if you done it previous years. Cost a little less than new members.
If not, you can register and pay quite a sum. about 795 this year i think for the vmax200

Is there a option to go along to just watch? I would like to see how they run etc
And I wouldn't mind having a go :D

Terminal Velocity is similar i believe, and in Woodbridge Suffolk Think thats around £100 or a small fee to spectate.

That sounds a good option to start off :thumb:. Does the club do any of these avents? Would any one else be up for a day out??

Just had a look at terminal volocity and I'm defiantly up for at least a day out there if anyone else is :thumb:

Plenty threads on here or piston heads about terminal velocity and Vmax......Vmax is more a invite only where TV is get your name down first

Yeah, done VMAX twice. Once in stage 2 A45 and once in a mapped C63. Once my supercharger materialises I'll do it again in the C63.

Vmax is fun but... makes you realise how much you need to spend to get anywhere near (let alone over) the 200 mark. If you're only in it for the fun of seeing how fast your car can go, by all means do it - it's a good day out with a group of like minded people.

Vmax way overpriced for what it is compared to TV. Runway is slightly longer, but not £700 longer.

^^^^ keeps the risky cars away though. Would rather have a high ticket price and high end cars all going home in one piece than a low price with a risk that overpowered, undertested cars start rolling down the runway at over 170mph.

I have run at vmax 4 times. Great day out and you get see some really exotic cars. TV is also a great day out and easier on the wallet, well worth experiencing both if your a Petrol head and budget allows.

I have run at vmax 4 times. Great day out and you get see some really exotic cars. TV is also a great day out and easier on the wallet, well worth experiencing both if your a Petrol head and budget allows.

What mate Justin said:thumb:

Yeah, done VMAX twice. Once in stage 2 A45 and once in a mapped C63. Once my supercharger materialises I'll do it again in the C63.

Should hit high 190's with the charger on....think you will need 800bhp + to do over 200mph in a C63...none have us have hit 200 in a supercharged c63 at a Vmax

I've done 5 or 6 Vmax but lost interest to be honest after the price increases. Would rather be on track, full day at silverstone with a garage or day out to a wet and windy airfield?

Having said that I'd be interested in TV but i've heard the runway surface is terrible, lots of stone chips etc?

^^^^ keeps the risky cars away though. Would rather have a high ticket price and high end cars all going home in one piece than a low price with a risk that overpowered, undertested cars start rolling down the runway at over 170mph.

The Vmax days I went on were exactly the same as the TV days in terms of organisation and safety - both very good.

Only exception was having to wear a crash helmet on the TV days.

All days went without hitch...

Sounds more like trying to make a fat wad of cash out of it to me - which is fine but I am not sure what the riskier cars would be - all appeared to be well maintained...

Maybe they make more money from less cars at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom