Voice Activation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Razor

Hi, question regarding linguatronic:

How do I 'train' the system to recognise certain commands?

I have a C320 (2001) which has linguatronic however it didn't come with the original manual. I have since got MB Brooklands to provide a photocopied version which seems very basic and no mention of 'training'. I'm therefore assuming the system has progressed since 2001 and has become more advanced?

Any ideas??

Can anyone confirm that the original manual has 8 pages??

Can't get it to work with navigation though. No idea how to operate nav with voice commands???

Thanks
Romi

The linguatronic brochure for my car was substantially larger than 8 pages. However, Linguatronic cannot be trained to recognise your own commands - only those it already knows (about 300 in total, though many are alternative versions of a single command).

Linguatronic can learn the names of radio stations ("Station Virgin") and people (Call "David"). There is also a training facility in Services section of Comand that allows you to tune Linguatronic to your voice for better system response (i.e. less errors).

It does work with navigation (in fact the coolest thing is that it will recognise town names!! You can tell it to take you to "Chester" instead of having to spell it out "C" "H" "E" "S".....). To check this, simply say "Enter destination" and the system will ask you for a town name. If you get no response then there may be something wrong.

All I have said I can only vouch for 2004 model year.

Philip

Razor said:
Hi, question regarding linguatronic:

How do I 'train' the system to recognise certain commands?

I have a C320 (2001) which has linguatronic however it didn't come with the original manual. I have since got MB Brooklands to provide a photocopied version which seems very basic and no mention of 'training'. I'm therefore assuming the system has progressed since 2001 and has become more advanced?

Any ideas??

Can anyone confirm that the original manual has 8 pages??

Can't get it to work with navigation though. No idea how to operate nav with voice commands???

Thanks
Romi

Speak the comand "HELP" and it will tell you what it can do.

Thanks Philip.

I think the system must have advanced some what since 2001 as I seem to have very limited functionality. Apart from the "CD", "RADIO" and "HELP" command, it falis to recognise anything else.

Anyone else have experience of the 2001 linguatronic system?

Razor said:
Thanks Philip.

I think the system must have advanced some what since 2001 as I seem to have very limited functionality. Apart from the "CD", "RADIO" and "HELP" command, it falis to recognise anything else.

Anyone else have experience of the 2001 linguatronic system?

You seem to have overlooked TELEPHONE, TV and switching back to NAVIGATION.

The phone side of things is about half of all the functions.

It does recognise TV and NAVIGATION at times. TELEPHONE is a bit better but again tends to fail half way through dialling a number. In general I'd say it only has a 10% success rate if I ignore the main commands (TV, NAVIGATION, CD, RADIO...). I've read the manual that MB copied for me and can't get the system to recognise hardly any of the commands. System has a tendency to default to CD when it doesn't recognise commands??

Razor said:
It does recognise TV and NAVIGATION at times. TELEPHONE is a bit better but again tends to fail half way through dialling a number. In general I'd say it only has a 10% success rate if I ignore the main commands (TV, NAVIGATION, CD, RADIO...). I've read the manual that MB copied for me and can't get the system to recognise hardly any of the commands. System has a tendency to default to CD when it doesn't recognise commands??

That is more of a factor related to your accent and tonal timbre. Works perfectly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom