Voice command not working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robb7

Car
2010 e350 cdi estate
Hi folks, this is my first Mercedes and it's an e350 cdi estate on a 2010, (don't know why I waited this long to get one), I have a problem, when I press the voice command button, nothing happens, no beep or anything, any ideas what this could be? Thanks

Perhaps Linguatronic was not specified as an option? The button is standard on all cars but only works with that option. Check your VIN on Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder to see what you actually have.

Perhaps Linguatronic was not specified as an option? The button is standard on all cars but only works with that option. Check your VIN on Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder to see what you actually have.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I have checked and it's not a selected option, is it something that can be added via software do you know?
Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I have checked and it's not a selected option, is it something that can be added via software do you know?
Thanks
I wouldn’t bother. I didn’t have it on my 2010 car but I do have it on my new one but rarely use it. Unlike Alexa or Siri than can understand conversation, Linguatronic needs you to say a specific phrase or it won’t understand. In practice, I have found it just as quick or even quicker to twiddle the central knob and use the on screen menus. The only time I do use it is “take me home” when it then selects and starts the SatNav route for home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom