VOICE COMMAND WORKING ? Audio 20 Telephone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
I don't know if i have this, can someone tell me please. W205 c class amg premium line, If i press the speech button on the right hand side of the steering wheel it goes directly to navigation and will work on the speech for navigation. But if i try to phone it will not do it through the speech button it will switch back to navigation. Does Audio 20 not do that, am i trying to do what it won't do? the telephone will work through the media screen with ok or telephone button, or even going through the centre clock display it will connect with ok or telephone button. So basically will Audio 20 not do speech command for the telephone? thanks its driving me mad trying to work it out. Thanks for your help.

When you press the button, you can say "call xxx", and it will display the options on the screen. Even with Audio20.

Directly i press the speech butt on the right side of the steering wheel it goes directly to navigation, it won't do anything else, if i put the telephone page on the media screen and have the address book page highlighted the name i want to call if i press the speech button on the wheel it turns it back to navigation. thanks for your answer Markjay but am i doing something wrong ? I have looked on youtube and it seems i should just press the speech button and tell it if i want phone or navigation but i don't know if thats an audio 20. Every time i press the speech it goes back to navigation, i can tell it on speech the address and that works fine on the navigation. Everything else seems ok with it. AGHHHHH is it me, am i doing it wrong? My wifes' had enough of me trying to work it out, unhappy wife unhappy life, Please save me. its a 2016 if that helps

Just another thought could it be switched off on another menu, i'm new to this thing?

That’s how it works.
A long press will bring in Siri.

The latest, i did not have siri activated on my phone, which i have done now, i can call on my phone via seri siting in the car on my mobile phone IT WILL play through the speakers then. IF i press the speech button it will only go onto navigating and ask me an address. I push speech and hold down, it goes to navi, if i press the speech to try and tell it anything it just goes to navi and wants a destination. i have tried unlocking my phone still no different. Could it be that i can only do navi with speech? AHHHH Ted i thought u had cracked it, any more ideas please? The Wife' gone out with the hump because i keep going on about it, blimey i don't want to cook my own dinner as well !! Any clues will be tried with enthusiasm. Thanks.

When i press speech it does not bleep it goes to navi then bleeps, if that helps. As i have just bought this car, could the other person have switched this of somewhere?? THANKS?

Last edited:
When i press speech it does not bleep it goes to navi then bleeps, if that helps. As i have just bought this car, could the other person have switched this of somewhere?? THANKS?
You cannot voice dial with audio 20 voice control, it is only for navigation. At least that is how it is with mine and it acts the same as yours.

As earlier, with Audio 20 you can only use voice instructions for navigation unless you hold the button down for a couple of seconds and use your handset voice assistant 👍🏻👍🏻

What button am i holding down and what voice assistant ? Ted you have to hold my hand with this. looks like you will be helping me and Delderek if you can sort this one out. you have two of us waiting now. Thanks.

By voice assistant I mean Siri or whatever your handset has.

Just been out to double check. A short press on the button with the face takes you to the nav menu where you can speak your instructions. This is done by the car’s voice recognition.
A long press fires up Siri (on an iPhone) so you can say “call home” or “navigate home” - in this case using the nav on the handset, not the in car nav 👍🏻👍🏻

Edit: just thought you might need smartphone integration for that to work...

You cannot voice dial with audio 20 voice control, it is only for navigation. At least that is how it is with mine and it acts the same as yours.
And mine is the same .i do not have an iPhone but I have an android.
With the phone in my pocket I say ( with a slightly raised voice) " OK GOOGLE" and ask it to phone who i want and it works through car system :D
But there must be a better way

Thanks for your answers, now i know why i couldn't get it to work, as it can't do it. I now have siri on my i phone (its a new world to me) i will ask my kids how to work that properly as at the moment i have to press the home button on the phone its a i phone 4s ok don't start i know its old, So will sort that out with the kids) thanks for all your answers. I love the car with so many toys, i thought my old e class was great but this is a lot better, i like everything to work right and just wanted to make sure while fresh in the guarantee, but alls fine, so now i can wash it again, out with all the buckets and brushes cloths etc etc. Thanks again, stay safe.

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom