Voice Control and Phone on W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DME

Car
S211 E320 CDI
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have done some searches for this but came up blank.

How easy is it to fit voice control to a 2005 W203? What parts do I need and do I need Comand? I have most of the Phone parts I now need so am thinking about installing them both at the same time.

Is there any where out there that I can get a guide to doing the above.

Many thanks in advance,

DME

You need
new steering column upper switch (the one with cruise control)
new steering wheel cowl (with hole for the extra switch)
steering wheel plastics kit (which has the bits needed to fit above)
lever
wiring loom
some fibre optics
VCS controller

If doing phone and you want VCS you should do it all at the same time, as microphone wiring goes to VCS instead.

You need COMAND (on the MY05 facelift onwards) (in order to do the training)

Are you planning to put everything in the OEM locations (i.e in the plastic box under boot floor, near back seat) ?

I doubt there is a guide. i've done this in W203 as a full retrofit (with control units in front of car) and as linguatronic retrofits to existing phones in W164, W169, W211, W208 and probably others i've forgotten but never written it up ...

R

Thanks Richard,

I have the VCS controller,
Phone CTEL box
VCS lever only, ie not attached to any thing, just a lever.
What looks like some sort of amp
one fiber optic wire.

I don't have comand yet but that is next on the list in the coming months.

I haven't really thought about not putting them in the back of the car. Where else can you put them and does it make it any easier.

I don't have a any sort of wiring loom or any of the below:
new steering column upper switch (the one with cruise control)
new steering wheel cowl (with hole for the extra switch)
steering wheel plastics kit (which has the bits needed to fit above)
I also need a phone antenna and a microphone, do you know where I can get these from.

once again, many thanks,

DME

I have

UHI MOST A211 8204385
VCS A2208206285
Phone Cradle unit A2208201511
Lever A0005451144
Can't find a part number on the "amp" looking part.

I know these are not C class parts but I was hoping they might work?

Cheers

DME

HI Richard,

Did you get chance to check those part numbers?

MTIA

DME

HI Richard,

Did you get chance to check those part numbers?

MTIA

DME

Eek, sorry for delay

A211 8204385 MOST controller - OK for W203

A2208206285
I can't find this, but assuming its a British language MOST VCS it will be fine (it will have one single large connector with fibre optics at one end of it, rather than seperate fibre and 15-way connector which would make it a D2B controller)

A2208201511 officially only in W220, only difference with W203 one is that it has different length leads - but they arent very different so will be fine

Lever A0005451144 - officially not a W203 part but I suspect it will be fine

Cheers

R

My A class has W209 Linguatronic parts and they work fine.

Soon to have NTG 2.5 (HD Comand) plus digital TV:rock:

My A class has W209 Linguatronic parts and they work fine.

Soon to have NTG 2.5 (HD Comand) plus digital TV:rock:

fed up buying the discs huh? ;)

You want to see the cost of the disks to update the HDD comand - last time I looked they were about 50% more than the DVD based system.

I presume that thats because on average one disk will get used to update more than one system :-(

Richard

Whilst I understand your perspective as a business, my view is that the software aspects and updates should be provided by MB foc - at least whilst the car is in warranty.
The updated maps often provide little practical improvement - unless you live in one of the relatively few improved zones.

The breadth of geographic coverage from a single disc is a double edged sword - on the one hand I can happily navigate through Poland with the same disc that I use for Cornwall, however when there is an improvement in postcode entries in Italy, I still need the later full map disc to get a software update, if only to correctly look up the entries in the data to find roads that are known but not correctly indexed in the routing engine.:wallbash:

hey ho!
It comes back to the same old argument - COMAND vs dedicated unit - I would go for the COMAND every time because even despite the shortcomings the integration makes it way better. :rock:

fed up buying the discs huh? ;)

I am lucky in that I dont have to personally buy the one disk I need for the demonstrator vehicle;) However, I do understand that these disks are not cheap and I more than anyone would love to see them much cheaper than they are as i'm sure more people would buy them:)

I want to go to the NTG2.5 for a few reasons really. I like the seven digit postcode feature. I prefer the graphics plus I need to be able to demonstrate them to people. I also want to add Genuine Mercedes digital TV to it! I will also get the latest navigation disk upgrade for it for my now complete collection of all the navigation disk versions ever released for the NTG2. I may even convert my phone pre-wire to the newer Comfort phone option;)

Now costly it is?I'm in need with those things but i just have a limited budget so i wonder if my money is enough for it.

Thanks for that Richard,

Do you know where I can get the other parts that I need or the part numbers?

Cheers,

DME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom