Voice navigation problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham7

Car
C220 CDI
Hi,
I've just joined this forum and hope to gain a lot from it.
I think i posted this in the wrong place so I'll try again.
I've just bought my first Mercedes, a 63 reg C220 CDI and love it but I find the electronics a bit confusing although I'm sure I'll get there lol.
The car came without the Becker sat nav and I have since bought one off ebay. I updated the maps and it works fine except for the voice commands. That woman just does not understand my accent!!!
I'm from Newcastle and do have a Geordie accent but I have tried speaking really posh and still she comes up with the wrong destination. I'm sure (but may be mistaken) that I saw a video on you tube that shows that you can train her to understand you by repeating various words and phrases but can't find this setting on mine.
Can anyone help or maybe had this problem?
Cheers.

Have you also updated the firmware on the device, or just the maps?

Just wanted to say that the woman in my Becker unit now understands me. That's a first.:)

Well it's great that the little lady in the Becker now understands you,my thought was if you moved down south for say 10 years she would cotton on to what you were saying.

I'll have you know that for a Geordie I talk really proper. :)

Aye? I divant naar aboot that marra? Ha’way man. Bet ya love a little fishy, on a little dishy, when tha booooooot comes in! 🎼

Or a canny bag ‘o Tudors? All washed doon wirra Newky Broooon!

Aye? I divant naar aboot that marra? Ha’way man. Bet ya love a little fishy, on a little dishy, when tha booooooot comes in! 🎼

Or a canny bag ‘o Tudors? All washed doon wirra Newky Broooon!

I didn't know "Sid the Sexist" was a Member of this Forum! 🤭 🤔:rolleyes:

I didn't know "Sid the Sexist" was a Member of this Forum! 🤭 🤔:rolleyes:

Aye pet, just eye ballin’ tha hen oooover tharr like, wondarin’ if she can swim? Bet ya’s she could take this fer a length!! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom