Voices in my head

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The W140 is a vastly more electronically complex car than the W126??
K6JRF Auto Page

...and bears crap in the woods. :D

Not sure what difference that makes when one has an urge for a car?

Not sure what difference that makes when one has an urge for a car?
Possibly the difference between a rewarding ownership experience and the frustration and disappointment of a car constantly laid up in the garage with niggling faults . Did I mention MB's change to water based paint around that time and its increasing propensity for rust and the dodgy engine wiring loom insulation - perhaps I should have? ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Possibly the difference between a rewarding ownership experience and the frustration and disappointment of a car constantly laid up in the garage with niggling faults . Did I mention MB's change to water based paint around that time and its increasing propensity for rust and the dodgy engine wiring loom insulation - perhaps I should have? ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Common sense doesn't come into it I'm afraid. :D

Dodgy wiring looms started with the w140

The 380 may have had a dodgy timing chain but my dad's 380 got to 250k before it fell off (without actually causing any damage to the engine either !!!!)

It really really really doesn't matter how dodgy the W140 is...

I liked my three : 280SE/420SE/500SEL but good ones now harder to find .

Likewise I suppose a 560 is an itch to scratch but many have said the 500 is a nicer daily drive and mine never lacked power nor missed a beat over my 5 years ownership and over 100K put on it .

I’d also hanker after another W116 which to my eye is a nicer looking car and having only had a very tired W116 280SE , would hanker after a 450 or even a 6.9 - but either would be a money pit.

Then there are the coupes ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom