VOIP Cheap!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blicky_1

Car
BMW F10 520d M-Sport
Just started using this and maybe worth you guys having a look, works fine for me www.voipcheap.com

Plenty of these services around in test/beta at present and most of them are worth a peek. A little concerned that they are harvesting the numbers for marketing use though.

Have just set up a service in Australia with a local dial in number. My parents can now call an untimed local number in their city for about 8p and talk to me in London for as long as they want. :)

scotth_uk said:
Have just set up a service in Australia with a local dial in number. My parents can now call an untimed local number in their city for about 8p and talk to me in London for as long as they want. :)

All of a sudden VOIP doesnt sound like a great idea... having family calling me for nearly nothing as long as they want... shudder....

I've been using Skype for about a year and find it a very good system over the net.

Skype's very functional and probably suits most people's needs, but from a corporate point of view it's very nasty indeed. Difficult to detect and control, not to mention it's hunger for bandwidth on a decent open connection.

Anyone seen any small-scale VOIP systems to use internally/take calls from existing BT lines etc?

We used to have a VOIP cisco phone system at our old office and we're missing it here in 1980s-office-hell ;) .

scotth_uk said:
Skype's very functional and probably suits most people's needs, but from a corporate point of view it's very nasty indeed. Difficult to detect and control, not to mention it's hunger for bandwidth on a decent open connection.

Isn't that because it works by using the bandwidth of all the users to route traffic for the other users calls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom