Volcanic ash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Pan Man

Its CASH we want from Iceland not bl00dy ash.
Has any one had it on there cars?
I only noticed because yesterday in the morning I gave the car it's annual Autoglym Extra Shine Thinggy Stuff Treatment went to the Super Market and late P.M. to the driving range so the sun was out and it was only when I parked up in the garage that I could see it was covered with a brown / grey dust and it was all over the car. This makes me think that it must already bee in the atmosphere at ground level. Will have to get it off wet to prevent scratching. Nasty stuff.

Do people think the government are saying it is relatively harmless because there is sod all they can do about it? And they don´t want to panic people?

I can´t imagine it is particularly good for your health.

We are all gonna die.....d'ya hear.....die I say.:eek:

panic......

am happy to be proved wrong tho.:thumb:

We are all gonna die.....d'ya hear.....die I say.:eek:

panic......

am happy to be proved wrong tho.:thumb:

Entirely correct.
Timing is everything:)

No sign of any ash in the north west.

My car gets covered in dust in the dry weather from adjacent fields and the main road we live next to - I can't see any difference from normal .

My car gets covered in dust in the dry weather from adjacent fields and the main road we live next to - I can't see any difference from normal .

My car gets about 5 mm of dust every week (if I leave it in one place) from the streets of London.. what does that tell you about our fair city? Nothing new I suspect...

Last edited:
There's probably loads of other stuff floating round in the atmosphere - from other volcanos, the Sahara and co, farms, diesel soot, industrial waste, building sites etc. Something's got to kill us! We'd have gone extinct a long time ago if there's was any real harm in it. I'm more scared of being hit by lightening or meteorites.

Size matters

It's actually all dependant on the size of the dust particles. The smallest dust particles <10micron which make up about 25% of the dust cloud have the capability of penetrating deep into the lungs. Once in there----they never----- repeat never--- come back out again. So you probably lose a little lung capacity. :eek: A healthy individual might never notice but probably best avoided if possible. :dk: Since this is a car forum its pertinent to mention these sub 10 micron particles [albeit of different composition] are also to be found in brake dust- so wear a mask when working on your brakes!:thumb: SFU professor, WHO warn of health risk from volcanic ash | VANCOUVERITE

my car is blessed with fine iron dust from the steel works, cheers Corus or whatever you are called lately.

It's all a nasty trick.

We had sunshine for a wee while and all started to feel well, cut the grass and think of happy times.

Then the buggers created these clouds to piss us off again.

Bah humbug.

It nearly hasn't rained in Belfast since the planes stopped flying (about 30 min drizzle at lunchtime today doesn't count).

I think they should be grounded every weekend.....

It nearly hasn't rained in Belfast since the planes stopped flying (about 30 min drizzle at lunchtime today doesn't count).

I think they should be grounded every weekend.....

Sunnier skies in London since they stopped...

(nighttime doesn't count)
:bannana:

Raining here in Scotland ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom