Volume with UHI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
Is there some way to preset the volume on your car's phone with a UHI system? I always have to adjust the volume up on mine and I can't find anywhere to set it.

Last edited:
Is this of any help? http://www.mercupgrades.com/Upgrading+Telephone+System+to+UHI+in+W163+ML-article-14.html

quote:-
You should, at some point, get your Mercedes dealer to configure your COMAND system to know that it has �telephone with extended features� – they should know how to do that. If SMS sending doesn�t work from the COMAND unit, it is because they didn�t tell it that the COMAND that the phone has extended features.

'Fraid I don't know enough about these systems to help.

The COMAND system has been programmed to know it has a telephone with extended features. SMS works fine from COMAND.

I got the system from Richard and installed it myself with his help then got Braybrooks to configure COMAND.

Shouldn't it work like it started for a new call with the same voice level to which you adjusted it during the previous call. Like the Comand navigation announcements or the radio? This is how my car works and I don't have any setting for the "initial voice level" for phone calls.

Perhaps the cars behave differently because the Comand unit is different on my car.

Shouldn't it work like it started for a new call with the same voice level to which you adjusted it during the previous call. Like the Comand navigation announcements or the radio? This is how my car works and I don't have any setting for the "initial voice level" for phone calls.

Perhaps the cars behave differently because the Comand unit is different on my car.

This is how mine works!

It always starts with the the voice level at the same level but not the level as on the previous call. The level is too low as I have to turn it up every time, hence my query.

I have COMAND 2.5 MY2001 update.

I guess it could be an issue on the phone, I tend to remember that the pre-UHI kit had an issue to set the phone volume to the correct level when the phone was set to the cradle, or was it an issue with the phone adapter itself.

I had a look at some documents and there was one UHI SW issue but it looked more like too low volume from the car, not at the car.

Perhaps the phone kit/Comand experts would have an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom