VPN, but which one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Hello all

I am thinking of getting a VPN for my frequent overseas trips, I am not doing it for security reasons or even try to 'hide' what I am doing , I have nothing to hide and am completely innocent...your Honour.

All I want to do is to be able to access Netflix , Sky Go , Amazon prime etc when in the USA without being told 'not available in your region'. someone suggested BlueStax but I can't get it to work properlyy and it looks like its ready to download all viruses known to man at any moment.

I don't mind paying for it through my business as long as it works and is safe (as it can be these days)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

OpenVPN. It’s free and it works.

its free with opera browser. just enable it in options.

Tunnel bear works well, not free but very reliable.

I use Privateinternetaccess or PIA for short had little problems with it but their tech support has been pretty good, Only thing i have found now is ( using it on my mobile phone) is some service providers when you use their free wifi block the VPN connection,

IP Vanish. Never had a problem, with it, no logs kept and works every time.

I tried Digibit but it kept dropping the connection so dumped it.

I wouldn't use a free one personally.

Edit...just remembered there is a free VPN with Avast Anti Virus (which is also free)

I use Privateinternetaccess or PIA for short had little problems with it but their tech support has been pretty good, Only thing i have found now is ( using it on my mobile phone) is some service providers when you use their free wifi block the VPN connection,
+1 for PIA - Have used it for more than a few years. Cheap and reliable.
Whatever service you choose be sure to test it with a DNS leak test to ensure your privacy. Google it if not sure.

Tunnel bear works well, not free but very reliable.

It's free for 500MB/month. Admittedly, obviously unsuitable for the OP's video requirements. It is very well put together though.

It's free for 500MB/month. Admittedly, obviously unsuitable for the OP's video requirements. It is very well put together though.
It’s a couple of quid or so for full unlimited data PM for 5 devices.

Works every time, never had an issue.

I’ve spent ages with free VPN’s and so far found all of them to be crap.

It’s a couple of quid or so for full unlimited data PM for 5 devices.

Works every time, never had an issue.

I’ve spent ages with free VPN’s and so far found all of them to be crap.

Really? I blame the operator then.

Currently abroad, my Mrs is connected to my server at work, watching her Walking Dead on Sky. OpenVPN under FreeBSD + Viscosity on her Mac.

Express VPN seems to be the most regarded at present. $99 per anumn and totally necessary if you want to watch BBC whilst abroad. There is a problem at the moment with it offering a new version and during the download, it goes tits up.

I used to need VPN for Sky Go, as well, but from 1st March this year, SKY announced it could be viewed throughout the EU, without the VPN. Very good news.

+1 for NordVPN.

I paid about £50-£70 for 2 years. Very good speed and coverage. Multiple concurrent devices supported, which was a must have with our multiple phones and laptops. However servers tend to get overloaded quite quickly as it's a popular service and users jump onto the underloaded ones. Maybe because of that, I don't like that they suddenly stopped showing server load percentage on their server lists (web, Android app). Overall happy with the service though.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

i use pure vpn cost me £50 for two years

i use pure vpn cost me £50 for two years

Also using Pure VPN, one of the fastest around. paid $89 for a lifetime subscription for 5 devices. In reality that's until 2022, so 5 years, if they are around that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom