vredestein quattracs advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smatt

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 E350Cdi Estate Auto
Does anyone know the difference between standard quattracs & the XLs, please.

The XLs are available, the standards not. Both are compatible with my car according to Vred website. Their customer service have not replied...

Many thanks

Thanks
Yes, I know that is what it stands for, but both can be used on my car, so how much difference to the ride will it make & are they necessary or disadvantageous?

TBH have never noticed a difference in ride quality between normal and XL tyres. On my old Seat had michelin pilot sport on 2 wheels and the XL version of same tyre on the other 2. Even swapping front to rear, couldn't feel a difference. XL tyre will be slightly heavier, so in theory would make suspension work a bit harder.

As long as you are replacing them in twos on the same axle there should be no problem.Its possible you might get some unusual behavior say under extreme braking with--- say 2 front tyres with a slightly different sidewall stiffness--- but probably marginal in comparison to differences in road surface/camber etc.

If you look at the load index figures for both tyres, you'll find there isn't a great deal of difference in the rating anyway. So they can't (I'm guessing here) be that much different?

Well, naughty I know, but I just changed one standard to an XL (upon the advice of the fitter, who said it would be ok).
I have not noticed any significant difference or problems with handling or grip in 5mths...

How do you find them in summer use? Noisy?

maybe a bit, but not excessively so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom