Vredestein Sessanta Warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've given up using the door pillar sticker as my starting point and instead use the max.pressure-10% theory.

Surely the 'correct' pressure is dependent on the vehicle weight to some extent. Tyre X on vehicle A weighing 1200 kg will require a different pressure to the same tyre on vehicle B weighing 1900 kg (to get the same shape contact patch) :confused:

Surely the 'correct' pressure is dependent on the vehicle weight to some extent. Tyre X on vehicle A weighing 1200 kg will require a different pressure to the same tyre on vehicle B weighing 1900 kg (to get the same shape contact patch) :confused:

Just to clarify, the text quoted is from the car bibles page, not me.

Russ

With low profile tyres (and a 35 profile is pretty low) you may get the required contact patch area at 34 psi but not necessarily the amount of sidewall support needed.

Why do small sidewalls need higher pressure to support them than large ones? Logically you would expect the opposite to be true :confused:

Why do small sidewalls need higher pressure to support them than large ones? Logically you would expect the opposite to be true :confused:
Could be that the large ones cannot cope with higher pressures because of the greater risk of blow-out (psi * surface area), and/or that small sidewalls need to inflated to a higher pressure to prevent damage to the tyre and wheel when going over deep potholes. (just guessing.)

Vredestein....never liked them. Same thing happened on my mates Audi on both fronts and rears. He swore to never buy them again.

Just like these. Sidewalls cracked.

Crikey, those Vriedestien pressures seem a bit high. It lists mine as 2.7 and 2.9 Bar. The car sticker is 2.0 and 2.2 Bar.:crazy:

Crikey, those Vriedestien pressures seem a bit high. It lists mine as 2.7 and 2.9 Bar. The car sticker is 2.0 and 2.2 Bar.:crazy:

wouldn't you just use pressures listed on your petrol flap?

wouldn't you just use pressures listed on your petrol flap?

Which is presumably what 230K has used and found the tyres cracked. vriedestien appear to have much higher pressures listed for their tyres.

My opinion is that the pressures listed on the flap are always too much. They seem to go with the view that you are running with 4 occupants and a fully loaded boot.

Hence why the rears alway end up bald in the centre, as most users spend most time running with zero passengers and an empty boot.

That's my belief.

My opinion is that the pressures listed on the flap are always too much. They seem to go with the view that you are running with 4 occupants and a fully loaded boot.

Hence why the rears alway end up bald in the centre, as most users spend most time running with zero passengers and an empty boot.

That's my belief.

my boot flap has three different pressure settings dependent on weight, speed etc

Remember that everything is relative
A person weighing 150 lb on Earth would weigh 136lb on planet Mercury and there are no bad singers up their either. Think about that b4 you scoff.

Madness is winning at the Mo

Remember that everything is relative
A person weighing 150 lb on Earth would weigh 136lb on planet Mercury and there are no bad singers up their either. Think about that b4 you scoff.

Madness is winning at the Mo
Point noted. What about if on the moon ?

hang on, just googling moon atmosphere

Last edited:
only Goodyear have moon related tyre data - fact (well according to Goodyear anyway :))

Yes but if they told you that while you were on the Moon you wouldn't hear them as there is no atmosphere, so no way that sound waves can travel to your lugholes.

Oh dear, more innacuracies :D

The moon does have an atmosphere but it's about a billion times less dense than the earth therefore some sounds would travel but they would mainly be very loud subsonic ones - so as long as the person telling you had a very deep voice and was stood next to you shouting and you had a wide enough range of hearing to pick up subsonic sounds then conversation would be perfectly feasible.

Now, there's more science than this involved but it's far too late for all that confusing stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom