Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Anyone have these on their car?

Are they any good?

I just spoke to Vredestein and they say that "it's so popular, some sizes are out of stock"

"There's no call for them - you are the 10th person who has asked today" :bannana:

Anyways, what are they? I'm intrigued. (And yes, I know I could always google!)

Looks very much like the love child of an Eagle F1 and a Yoko Parada 2...

they are "ultra high performance" tyres .. supposed to be exceptionally quiet due to asymmetric thread design

Anyways, what are they? I'm intrigued. (And yes, I know I could always google!)

Not sure which model but one of their Assym ones won the AutoExpress Award in 2006.

...hang on it was in Autosport...

...the Sportrac 3!

Last edited:
Don't know anything about Vredesteins. But the Eagle F1s are definitely good for ride comfort and grip. Aparently in the wet they excel. But not the fashion statements they were.
Are the Vreds a bargain, Sean?

I am waiting for a price .. the tyre fitter is coming back on Monday

Don't know anything about Vredesteins. But the Eagle F1s are definitely good for ride comfort and grip. Aparently in the wet they excel. But not the fashion statements they were.
Are the Vreds a bargain, Sean?

Hi

Vredestein Ultracs rule ok!!!!! 25-30,000 miles from 235/45/17 isnt bad and they are excellent in the wet. I have had Michelin Pilot Sports and they are equally as good if a tad noisier but they last better and look good too. Have tried Sportrac and Sportrac II but not the III.

When we were getting a lot of imports some of the new S class had factory fit Vredesteins.

Never heard of them.

I had Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta fitted on Thursday and have jst driven about 200 miles in them.

Compared to the Pirelli P Zero Rossos (and some of this maybe because the tyres are new compared to the worn Pirellis):

1. quite a bit quieter
2. more comfortable ride, more supple
3. grip about the same

Price wise, cheaper.

225/40 18 ZR 92Y x 2
255/35 18 ZR 94Y x 2
total cost fitted: £447

Pleased so far.

At that price, I'd be pleased too. Don't think I'll get much above 12,000 miles from my Eagle F1s. A better turn-in than the P Zeros but probably faster wearing tho' quieter, grippier and maybe slightly cheaper at £550 plus fitting.

now used them on the twisties and in the rain:

really excellent in the rain .. grip is much better than the Pirellis, and handling is sharper.

GREAT tyres.

Recommended.

I had Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta fitted on Thursday and have jst driven about 200 miles in them.

Compared to the Pirelli P Zero Rossos (and some of this maybe because the tyres are new compared to the worn Pirellis):

1. quite a bit quieter
2. more comfortable ride, more supple
3. grip about the same

Price wise, cheaper.

225/40 18 ZR 92Y x 2
255/35 18 ZR 94Y x 2
total cost fitted: £447

Pleased so far.

travelled 5200 miles on them now .. I have driven as normal, making full use of the torque :)

wearing exceptionally well, hardly any excessive wear down the middle, and probably no more than a quarter worn.

P Zero Rossos would have been half worn by now

exceptional tyres

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom