VW "Dieselgate" Documentary on Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screwdriver

Highly recommend a watch of the VW episode in the series called "Dirty Money".

I'm still in shock about how deceitful the German corporate leaders were!

Last edited:

Like a lot of people that do bad things, they thought they could get away with it. There's a difference, albeit a subtle one, between a) not being able to fully replicate lab emissions results on the road and b) deliberately engineering the car to behave differently in the lab than it does on the road.

Pretty much all of the car makers come under the former case and may for all we know take advantage.

VW were according to the EPA and later by admission doing the latter. How that got signed off I don't know.

Honestly, I don’t get why anyone would be surprised at the fecklessness & duplicity of any corporate entity. They exist purely to make money. Morals are nothing more than an impediment to that goal, unless of course a moral stance can be ‘spun’ into a profitable strategy.

Their mistake was to get caught. I don't believe any other car manufacturer is lily white. Digressing a bit - look at what Boeing did with the 737 Max.

The EPA really pissed off AH .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Highly recommend not subscribing to pay for TV - these companies would all go out of business and TV would be free to everyone , as it used to be .

Highly recommend not subscribing to pay for TV - these companies would all go out of business and TV would be free to everyone , as it used to be .

TV has never been free. Making any TV is expensive. Good TV more so.

Back to the subject of the VW dieselgate documentary. I've just watched it and I was not expecting to see that VW proposed human gas chamber experiments given their history with old Adolf back in the day :mad:

Back to the subject of the VW dieselgate documentary. I've just watched it and I was not expecting to see that VW proposed human gas chamber experiments given their history with old Adolf back in the day :mad:
Probably not the same engineers....

I have watched this is a real eye opener. Mind you these companies are all the same, Mercedes are no different.
If you liked that watch a film called Dark Waters... Not car related but ..... It will affect you...it's a true story about Dupont chemicals and a huge cover up... Still going on to this day...

Yep , Teflon .

So , so , much the gubberment isn't telling us what is highly toxic.

Just the focus on what they can cash in on at the moment..

O/T. Some of the old Nazi regime went to work for Porsche and VW after the war.
Many of their rocket scientists went to the US and helped put man on the moon.

Did you know that already or did you watch the Nazis Hunters on Netflix ?

I knew it already, but I have also watched the Hunters on Netflix - which is a "funny" fictional version of the events.

Operation Paperclip is real, Hunters not so much :D

Yes I’ve watched many documentaries on the subject. The Netflix series had potential and it was OK but a bit daft in parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom