VW Golf Mk2 R32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very tidy! And serious money spent . Probably cost him more than double what he's asking for - in which case it's cheap! Hard to value I guess. Oh...and who insures such cars ?

Very tidy! And serious money spent . Probably cost him more than double what he's asking for - in which case it's cheap! Hard to value I guess. Oh...and who insures such cars ?

There are a few insurance companies that would deal with such a car, adrian flux/performance direct.

Just had another look at those photo's - can't get over that engine bay - where are the wires!!

Very clever, all the wires battery etc must be in the boxed area behind the front seats. Only flaw is the door panels and that it's too low for our roads but thats nit picking as its primarily a show car not one to be used. VW did make a 4 wheel drive G60 Limited model but that had 4 doors and it's a stratospheric price these days.

I used to have a 1991 Mk 2 G60 syncro 3 door LHD many years ago... Very rare.... The G60 Ltd was a 16V G60 IRC.... Heres mine....

Mk2GolfGTiG60_zps4ec94728.jpg

Looks lovely - Bet you still wish you had it now BaldGuy (although i suppose you've got the ML63 to keep you going!)

I had a MK2 Oak Green 16v (H142 KPH) - spent months trying to find a good one. Was a few years ago and will see if i can scan the pic of it. The G60 and Raylle's are worth a few quid now.

Ive had many VDUBS back in the day....

Mk2 8v
16V Jetta converted to a G60
Corrado 16V
Mk3 Gti 8v
Mk4 Gti 8v
Passat 1.8T
MK1 Sportline Cab in red

I love how it has the modern dash aswell :)

Yup me too I believe thats a Audi TT dash :D

It looks as if every bush on the car has been upgraded to a powerflex one surely must be one stiff ride !

I personally dont rate the TT dashboard conversion on this car it just doesnt suit the exterior. The TT interior suits big bumpered bling mobile mk2's but I personally would have gone for something more subtle.

The Golf phase is a rite of passage for car nuts. I had a GTi Engineering Mk I GTi, a GTi Engineering Mk II GTi (ex-Mike Lindup) and later a Mk II Golf CL turbo diesel (times was hard!) If CJH154V is still on the road, please let me know!

I had a look at a Mk II GTD a couple of years ago but basic Mk IIs seems a bit long in the tooth now

Nick Froome

This is my Golf from a couple of years ago, 80k miles and chassis number ended in 001

Left hand drive wipers as it was VW's show car and registered a year or so later after it was built.. made a nice profit on it even though I should have kept it !!

golf1dec2009.jpg

That car is amazing! Spectacular.

I've just come out the bathroom again after playing with myself. We are golf nuts. We have had all the GTIs and R32s. Currently we have a mk5 ed 30 running 380 brake and a mK3 mint VR6.
Dam I would buy that in a flash.

This is my Golf from a couple of years ago, 80k miles and chassis number ended in 001

Left hand drive wipers as it was VW's show car and registered a year or so later after it was built.. made a nice profit on it even though I should have kept it !!

golf1dec2009.jpg

It had the wrong sweep until the facelift of 1987 when it had one piece front door windows too. And whilst the windows were an excercise in cost savings the change in sweep was a genuine improvement, there are single sweep kits out there as well. Retro fitting the updated sweep of the later car is relatively easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom