VW Passat CC Bluemotion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's wrong with putting two hands on the wheel?

You do have both hands on the wheel. The armrest just supports your elbow/forearm.

Once you get used to having them it feels weird without, particularly on long trips.

BTB 500 said:
You do have both hands on the wheel. The armrest just supports your elbow/forearm.

Once you get used to having them it feels weird without, particularly on long trips.

I've never used them and have cars with and without then over the years.

I certainly notice a missing armrest.

Your arm goes to rest on the air that has taken up that space and you feel like something is missing...

Bar a cubbie hole to stash a mobile, some chocolate, a portable sat nav, a life hammer, receipts my arm rest would be defuct.

Actually, on that note, I love arm rests. They are amazing. My car would be rubbish with out one.

The interior of this Cc is rubbish I'll agree. However, spec some interesting coloured leathers (and there are several) and change the shiny silver trim for some contemporary wood and you have a beautiful place to sit, especially with the interior light package.

Great cars, who needs a CLS?

<exits to look at wife's 1.4 Polo as the interior looks mighty similar>

The interior of this Cc is rubbish I'll agree. However, spec some interesting coloured leathers (and there are several) and change the shiny silver trim for some contemporary wood and you have a beautiful place to sit, especially with the interior light package.

Great cars, who needs a CLS?

Problem with the CC is that its a FWD and not a real mans RWD car, and the engines are too small.

The V6TDI and the 4.2 V8 should be in there, with a proper torsen 4wd transmission or rear drive, not a FWD biased haldex one.

Some one had one at my old work with lovely brown leather, metal trim and black headlining, looked as nice as the CLS practically but I suspect behind the wheel, the CLS driver will experience a better driving dynamic.

How so? VW trade off their reliability. It's a major selling point.

I like the look of the CC

Sorry for the late reply, I believe it was down to a common/pricy fault with the injection system. It would just randomly packin often in awkward places. there was also a problem with the sat-nav. To be fair to the car though, the Local VW dealer where its been maintained rarely gets positive feed back and the car has covered quite a few miles.

Delphi injectors? I'd be curious as these caused havoc with the BE 220cdi and 250cdi's with similar faults.

Could you, I'm genuinely interested as Delphi will supply more OEMs than MB and the fault sounds similar to that experienced on mercedes cars.

Will do, I know they have had the car since new. Would it mention whether its a Delphi injector in the service invoice from when it was replaced?

Strangely I had one of these as a hire car last week. Did 650 miles in it.
Computer says 60.5mpg and took £58 to fill rather than the £90+ the CLK takes for 500 miles. Still had a range of 450 on the computer when I filled it.

It was fantastic on the motorways and dual carriageways.
As stated previously, no power (whatsoever). Overtaking on an A road requires similar planing to driving a 2CV. Also, every time I went to move off, I felt I was going to stall it.
It was very well finished, and the BT phone / media sync was excellent. The boot was huge.

I went over a section of gentle hilly A road at about 50 mph and it oscillated very strangely indeed. Presumably a trade off to being so good on the motorway.
I handed it back on Thursday and had such a pain in the neck (literally) until Sunday. I don't know if it was the car, my driving position or something else, but whilst driving the car it felt absolutely fine.

Would I buy one ? If doing big miles, mainly on motorways, with a range of nearly 1000 miles, I would seriously consider it.

But No is the answer...

Bar a cubbie hole to stash a mobile, some chocolate, a portable sat nav, a life hammer, receipts my arm rest would be defuct.

Actually, on that note, I love arm rests. They are amazing. My car would be rubbish with out one.

Are you on the piss tonight?

On the subject of armrest / no armrest, I must subconsciously use mine to lean on when actually getting in the car as when getting into a courtesy a class last month I nearly fell through the other side, it took me a few seconds to realise why; fwd - no centre-console!

Problem with the CC is that its a FWD and not a real mans RWD car, and the engines are too small.

The V6TDI and the 4.2 V8 should be in there, with a proper torsen 4wd transmission or rear drive, not a FWD biased haldex one.

Some one had one at my old work with lovely brown leather, metal trim and black headlining, looked as nice as the CLS practically but I suspect behind the wheel, the CLS driver will experience a better driving dynamic.

You're right, but you can buy a CC and a used Boxster S for less than a new CLS

You're right, but you can buy a CC and a used Boxster S for less than a new CLS

Quality rather than quantity.

You could get a nice S-Class and a 645 Ci Cabrio for the same money as a CLS.

Had a vw sharan bluemotion on rent for 3 days-hated it.
-First start and stop - so annoying,good that you can turn it off (shame not permanently)-yesterday traffic in heat,car stops and of course a/c stops too-great solution...
-second adblue,my god dash board like a christmas tree with the info you won't be able to start engine in 450,400,350 and so on miles
Never a bluemotion,normal diesel would do
Looks like it takes one tank of adblue to one tank of diesel not so economical in the end,5 ltr od adblue 12quid (it takes 17.5 in total) plus full tank of diesel,start and stop destroying starter motor,a/c working double

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom