VW Phaeton 3.2 V6 4 Motion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
*draws breathe through teeth* pound for pound, trade pricewise they are worth roughly the same.

Before you sign on the dotted line though, please try a V10 TDi. Iirc the torque is very similar to the 65 AMG Bi-Turbo.
Edit: 553 flb torque

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a good Phaeton thread somewhere on the forum. I've driven one; and simply can't understand the comment that the V6TDI is inadequate. But each to their own. V10 is supposed to be nose heavy and loses some of the superlative refinement.

VW Vortex has the definitive Phaeton forum.

My local dealer offered me theirs for £23k; rang me up 50 days later and said £19,995 is the auction price - you can have it for that... Then sold it to a VW Vortex forum member for £18,300. So bargain hard.

Gents

Looked at MB today (Her Ladyship may have bought an SLK http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/insurance-finance/107136-slk-needs-tracker-covered-theft.html ) - after the VW they did not light my fire on comparable quality, and in terms of price - phew!!

Got a bit more on my CL from VW along with a VW approved phone kit and signed on the line this evening.

Collecting it Friday morning.

They understand it must be immaculate (paint chips / scratches done, wheels tidied up)or I leave it there.

Will miss the CL a lot but after the problems with the repairs, it's no longer the same for me.

Will post some pictures.

Gents

Looked at MB today (Her Ladyship may have bought an SLK http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/insurance-finance/107136-slk-needs-tracker-covered-theft.html ) - after the VW they did not light my fire on comparable quality, and in terms of price - phew!!

Got a bit more on my CL from VW along with a VW approved phone kit and signed on the line this evening.

Collecting it Friday morning.

They understand it must be immaculate (paint chips / scratches done, wheels tidied up)or I leave it there.

Will miss the CL a lot but after the problems with the repairs, it's no longer the same for me.

Will post some pictures.

Result.:thumb:

..even if it does mean that you are now Mercless. :(

Still have CL 500 until Friday. Ho Ho!

I suspect HL will find insurer who does not require Tracker

She REALLY likes the car so all resistance is futile Earthling

Congrats on the purchase! I've always been a fan of the Phaeton. One of the things I like about it is the name Phaeton! So much car for the money and so understated it's uber cool. Enjoy the reduced risk of someone keying your car!

congrats , looks like a sound buy

Ask them for 2 years warranty :)
Piece of mind for u and if it's as good as the salesman says... he should be able to put his money where his mouth is!
I've found that the more uber the car gets; the more important the warranty is lol

CL/Phaeton Chalk and Cheese. Enjoy your new car.

Reckon it's time for a change.

I only keep cars for 12 months anyway (30K mile per year) so I'll see how it goes.

Have to go to DVLA in Brum on Wednesday to swap plates, dealer said they make the trade wait 7 days but I should get it there and then.

I'll let you know how DVLA perform !

Check DVLA's opening hours!! Preston open an hour later than the norm 1 day a week (cannot remember which day) Its for staff training (extra brew and group hug) Would hate you to turn up early doors and have to wait an hour. DVLA Preston have been "bob on" when I have been there. Joe Public can be a PITA at times especially if you hit half term. DVLA offices are not geared for rugrats and niether should they be.

Congrats... which engine did you end up going for? the 3.2?

3.2 petrol

I'm quite looking forward to Friday when I pick it up.

Lets hope the salesman fully understood me when I said it must be immaculately prepped!

Adam - I had an E39 530D sport - loved it!

Nice one, if you ever come to one of the GTGs I would be most grateful for a run in it. The Pheaton is a car I've always admired and wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom