VW Touareg -sorry about this !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
A question for ML owners. Has anyone tried out the VW Touareg, particularly the 2.5TDI? I have heard that a 225 bhp one is to be introduced- is this correct? I would like to know how the VW compares with the 2.7CDI ML. Certainly the warrantary does not seem as good.

l5foye said:
A question for ML owners. Has anyone tried out the VW Touareg, particularly the 2.5TDI? I have heard that a 225 bhp one is to be introduced- is this correct? I would like to know how the VW compares with the 2.7CDI ML. Certainly the warrantary does not seem as good.

Suggest you will have to test drive both and make your mind up. Both the Touareg and the ML seem to inspire very strong and very different views in their own right.

But one question seems to be constant: how can the Porsche Cayenne, looks aside, get such generally good reviews when it is based on the Touareg which seems to be just as widely slated?

Satch said:
Suggest you will have to test drive both and make your mind up. Both the Touareg and the ML seem to inspire very strong and very different views in their own right.

But one question seems to be constant: how can the Porsche Cayenne, looks aside, get such generally good reviews when it is based on the Touareg which seems to be just as widely slated?

For what it's worth, I've test driven the 3.2 Touareg and was very impressed! Very comfortable and handled surprisingly well (even compared to an X5), decent enough turn of speed, and excellent off-road (garage suggested we went to a local off-roading spot to try it out!!!).
Only real downside's I've seen is that residuals appear unsurprisingly soft (it is a ~£35k VW afterall), it was a BIG motor to drive, even compared to most of the others in it's class, MPG of the petrol motor was predictedly naff, but worst one has been the dealers - I've actually tried to buy one 3 times now, each time to come up against the level of incompetence that is normally reserved for insurance companies!!

If you do go for one, might be worth looking at a nearly new one, as depending on the time of year I've seen delivery miles Touaregs available at up to £6k off list from VW dealers.....

Haven't tried the 'Toe-rag' yet, but I have owned an ML and was horrified at the appalling build quality. It only lasted 3 months before the fuel consumption and niggly faults forced it's sale.

I do like the look of the Touareg and the 'halo' effect of the V10 suggests the 2.5 will be a good car.

R

I viewed (but did not drive) a Touareg when I was in Germany last year. I saw it at a huge VW dealer in Hannover.

What put me off was the Nissan Sunny quality door 'twang' when you shut the driver's door.

Funny how the little things make a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom