VW Transporter to a Mercedes Vito Sport ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mb320cdi

Car
Mercedes Benz GL350 sport
Hi,

Happy new year to all.

I have a VW Transporter 2.0tdi 140bhp, 6 seater, great job for family days out, holidays etc, I have been toying with the idea of buying a Mercedes Vito Sport 3.0 v6 auto, does anyone here have any experience of them? Would like to buy new or nearly new. What's the 3.0 v6 like on fuel? Etc..
Your help be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
There's no option of a 3.0 power unit in the new Vito. It's a shame because many people hanker after such a model. :doh:

As above - late model low mileage V6s are in strong demand and sell for big money. It's a fantastic vehicle - we've had our 120 for nearly 10 years now, and later ones have an extra 20 bhp :thumb:

Hi,

Happy new year to all.

I have a VW Transporter 2.0tdi 140bhp, 6 seater, great job for family days out, holidays etc, I have been toying with the idea of buying a Mercedes Vito Sport 3.0 v6 auto, does anyone here have any experience of them? Would like to buy new or nearly new. What's the 3.0 v6 like on fuel? Etc..
Your help be appreciated.

Thanks

Try a 119 you won't regret it the V6 got a bit of more low down torque but isn't that much difference and also a lot more expensive to run.
When I bought my new Vito I looked around and asked if they still had a V6 in stock that I could buy , I'm glad they didn't because the w447 is a lot more refined in every way than the w639 .

Thanks for the replies,

Bill what mpg's you getting out of the 3.0 v6 ?
C36fan, what mpg's you getting from the newer engine?

I'm planning on getting a new one out on demo.

Thanks for the replies,

Bill what mpg's you getting out of the 3.0 v6 ?
C36fan, what mpg's you getting from the newer engine?

I'm planning on getting a new one out on demo.

I'm not example as I drive mine like is stolen and carry at least 1t yet still manage 27mpg overall fuel consumption.

I've had my SportX from new 18 months back also moving on from a VW T5 Bi turbo, the Merc is the best van I've ever owned.

My fuel economy sits around 27 mpg & about 34 mpg on a run.

I like the current Vito but would miss the sublime V6

As the Yanks say "there is no replacement for displacement":thumb:

I've had my SportX from new 18 months back also moving on from a VW T5 Bi turbo, the Merc is the best van I've ever owned.

My fuel economy sits around 27 mpg & about 34 mpg on a run.

I like the current Vito but would miss the sublime V6

As the Yanks say "there is no replacement for displacement":thumb:

What's the top speed on your V6?

I owned a Vito Dualiner 120 Sport for almost three years.
I sold it solely because the seats were uncomfortable after I had a spinal injury, otherwise I would still own it.
A real hoot to drive and all things considered, it is the best vehicle I've owned.

Big Engines are dead in new Vans it seems, and probably for 1 reason only, Fuel Economy!

Not ran a V6 Vito but have had the same engine in an E Class Sport Estate.

For work I run the latest Trafic Sport LWB Van with a 140bhp Bi-Turbo 1.6 Litre engine!

YES, a 1.6 Litre Engine lol!

Snigger yee not, a simple re-map waps this figure up to 175bhp and gives outstanding performance with the deal making fuel consumption of 47mpg!

Big jump on 25mpg I'm sure you'll agree!

Attachments

• 20160304_102239.jpg
    20160304_102239.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 19
What you save on fuel you will spend on injectors, turbos and gearboxes ... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For work I run the latest Trafic Sport LWB Van with a 140bhp Bi-Turbo 1.6 Litre engine!

YES, a 1.6 Litre Engine lol!

Snigger yee not, a simple re-map waps this figure up to 175bhp and gives outstanding performance with the deal making fuel consumption of 47mpg!

I would be concerned about long term reliability with only 1.6 litres pulling 2+ tonnes around and tuned up to that level. But I guess a work van is disposable.

What's the top speed on your V6?

It's 123 mph for the 120 I have (204 bhp). The later V6s with 224 bhp would presumably be a bit quicker.

We go to Germany in it every year and it's great for fast cruising.

It's 123 mph for the 120 I have (204 bhp). The later V6s with 224 bhp would presumably be a bit quicker.

We go to Germany in it every year and it's great for fast cruising.

Thanks mate , the 119 will top around 140mph and that is loaded .

I would be concerned about long term reliability with only 1.6 litres pulling 2+ tonnes around and tuned up to that level. But I guess a work van is disposable.

We run em for 3 years then replace.

They come with a 4 year/100,000 mile warranty.

They cost £16,300 + VAT!

Top of the range Vito is HOW MUCH lol? :fail

We run em for 3 years then replace.

They come with a 4 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Does the warranty still apply after the remap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom