VX ZAFIRA GSi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Anyone had any experience of one of these of circa 2003 vintage.

Many thanks all.

Great car, great engine. I had the same engine in the Astra Coupe body - all the same underneath. Really tough, and respond very well to modifications.

Look for cambelt change every 40,000 miles and so if it's not been done recently then budget to do the waterpump replaced at the same time - just the price of the part (used to be £40-ish retail IIRC).

They're prone to MAF failure - especially if using an aftermarket filter - so keep an eye out for that, and a cheap fix. OEM spark plugs should last 20,000 miles but they seem to go off after 10,000 miles - a set of NGK Iridium plugs are a great replacement.

Most appreciated Bobby!

The one nagging doubt I have is the turbo - 80 - 90k seems to be the death of them?

Is that true? (I know it depends on use!)

People tend to replace them with the VXR trubo but that work is not cheap....

If it's been chipped (aggressively) without replacing the turbo with an uprated version, then it will have a shorter useful life. The VXR upgrade is popular as a mod - not just when the original goes pop - so a replacement second hand unit may be possible. Alternatively a rebuild. I guess you'd have to be unlucky, but it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom