VXR8 Sound..... wow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

I was at Cheshire oaks the other evening and one of these started up and just cruised out of the car park...what a rumble...

Then I heared it being opened up on the dual carraigeway just a little distance away.....wwwoooooowwww

OK I know its a vauxhall but at this price / performance / kit / sound / sure looks good?

I've heared many a CSL on the track days with various after market exhausts and induction kits, SL55's even have that deep rumble but have to say sound wise this was lovely :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/400875.htm

I think they are either 5.7 litres or 6.0 litres...........beast of an engine

I've driven lots on track, but only seen one on the road ...last night. Looked quite subtle in silver. Luvverly.

I understand these are the last generation Corvette engine, in a Holden, re badged a Vauxhall. Damn good value for money.

Lots of go for the money, just fails in the badge snobbery stakes.

It is indeed the 6.0 LS2 engine, whereas the HSVs and Corvettes are now shipped with the 6.2 LS3 engine.

The handling is pretty good in my opinion. Crude by comparison to the lates E63 or M5, but I thought it's handling was sharper than I'd expected, with some predictability that was welcomed given I was pushing it a little. Would someone notice the difference on the road? I certainly don't drive hard enough to. ;)

I think it is impossible to go faster for less. At least in a straight line, and less to go wrong in as well.
To be honest euro cars are better but a lot are also overpriced ridiculously

Yup it replaced the Monaro here. Unpretentious car, stonking value for money. And RHD ;)

Ugly looking front :eek:

There's a Vauxhall-backed aftermarket supercharged version of the VXR8 too.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom