W 208 Seat Jammed all the way back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inthegarage

Car
CLK 320
CLK 320 W208 Front seat all electric seats, has anybody found a way to remove the seat cushion with the seat in position ? The problem is the seat is all the way back and I can get at the front runner bolts but no way of getting to the rear two, hence the question.

Mine's stuck in the middle fornuately so I'll be able to access both ends hopefully. I read somewhere that someone removed the rear bolts and tipped the whole seat forwards to access motors, so possibly you could do it the other way giving access to the inner bolt holding seat cushion and work from there. Not a good design.
Good luck
R

Had a go at the seat , the motors can be got at with the seat fitted. You need a torque drive with a 90% angle to get the cushion front bolt nearest the tunnel, and a normal drive on the other side after removal on the plastic cover (sill side). The cushion the will tilt up to get at the (middle) motor. The motor can be removed, then one can wind the seat forward with a battery drill to get at the runner bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom