w c219 Charging system Help (iCarSofti980)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLS 55AMG
Hi Guys, I have had a problem with my battery. no warning lights at all but battery would die over night.
Would jump start the car and take it for a drive, after would switch off to see if battery took any charge which it did but after leaving it over night, the same problem would reappear.
I have verified 14v at the battery terminals when engine is running. I have also checked to see if there is any parasitic current draw of whitch within a few minuets its only .014A so very little.
I have changed the battery and it now seems Ok.
What I would like to know or compare with other CLS owners who have a Icarsofti980 is what charging current are you seeing on you I980 as I am seeing .74-1.75A charging current which seems a little low to me. If I switch on all accessory, the voltage is regulated at 13.98V which is good but the charging current does not increase to compensate for the extra current draw from the accessory's.

So if any of you have a I980 can you please tell me what you guys see it displaying as the charging current, just for comparison.

Thanks in Advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom