w/s 205 1.6d views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothound

Car
bmw 3 now - merc soon
Hi folks - I may just stretch to a 1.6D sport estate new.....

without suggesting the 220D which is outside of my budget, does anyone have any real world experience of mpg/economy - driving experience of the 1.6D - either saloon or estate - cheers

manual? auto

etc....

bump

Hi folks - I may just stretch to a 1.6D sport estate new.....

without suggesting the 220D which is outside of my budget, does anyone have any real world experience of mpg/economy - driving experience of the 1.6D - either saloon or estate - cheers

manual? auto

etc....

anyone ever driven on of the 1.6D nissan renault powered c classes? views? MPG?

I have on a test drive it was a C200d AMG line with premium pack in white. Stunning car!

Whilst it's never going to set the world alight it is permissable in day to day driving. I think it's one of those engines that I couldn't believe was actually a 1.6d and inside the car it was very quiet.

MPG I don't know as the car was brand new showroom car for my father in law but I would imagine 50mpg+ would be easily achievable.

Personally I would stretch to AMG line trim as it transforms the look of the car.

EDIT: I drove the auto. I wouldn't entertain a manual Mercedes.

A manual gearbox in a new Merc is going to make the car more difficult to sell because it's expected they will be auto.

I have a manual W204 C class but by the time I come to move it on it will be so old the manual box won't make much difference.

On gear change quality, having driven both a manual 3 series and a Manual C class I thought the C class was at least as good. Mercs have had a poor reputation for manual boxes but they have improved so much of late that it's no longer the reason to avoid them. But as said there are other reasons unless you have a strong preference for a manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom