W/S210 Rear Armrest Damaged by plastic moulding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterE320Cdi

Car
C219 CLS 320 CDi, R170 SLK 230K, XC60 Past Cars: S210 E320 CDi rusty, CLK 240, S210 E300 DT
Evening All,

When I was cleaning the car I noticed that the rear armrest has a large dent which looks like it will turn into a split soon. It is caused by pressing onto a plastic moulding when closed, photo attached.

My question is this, with a 210 E-class estate is this normal or is it that the rear seats have been fitted incorrectly?

Thanks for your help.

Peter.

Attachments

• CIMG0197.JPG
    CIMG0197.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 76
Have any of the estate owners had a chance to check if this is happening on their cars?

Had this on the Voyager. If one of the centre row seats was folded it clashed with the seat belt buckle. In the end it did tear the leather.

Looking at yours though I would doubt it would split the leather - because it would have done it by now - but I would suggest the indent is likely to be permanent. You could look to protect it a bit by putting a piece of cloth between the leather and the plastic fitment - not what you would want to do I fully recognize - but it would afford the leather a little added protection and it might ease out some of the indent a little. Try treating the leather first with Autoglym or similar to get it really soft - and then pad over the area with a clean white cloth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom