W/S212 e63, pre-facelift engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimjamiejames

Car
S211 e350, daimler sovereign custom project
Am I right in thinking the w212 pre-facelift e63 had the m156 from 09 to 12 then the m157 from 12 to 13.

You would think the 6.2 was more common in pre-facelift but I've been seeing way more bi turbo cars (I only take notice of the estates really) maybe just coincidence what is coming to market.

Your thinking is correct.

If you're considering a pre-facelift with a bi-turbo M157, be mindful of possible issues around timing chains. Plenty of info on here and elsewhere on the web.

Thanks for the clarification. My strong preference is for the 6.2 in either 211 or 212 depending what I can afford and what goes up for sale.

There is also plenty of info on here and elsewhere about the M156. I would suggest as a general rule of thumb again that you look for a later engine, say from 2010 onwards. Having said that, I think issues with the engine are perhaps less common than some would make out, particularly in the UK.

Someone with far more knowledge and experience will be along shortly and probably set me straight, mind! Lol

The m156 engine issues not worry me at all I just wish someone would put there's up for sale. its getting old checking ebay, autotrader, etc 10 times a day, it's becoming a problem lol

Are you after an estate in particular? They don't come up often in M156 guise.

Are you after an estate in particular? They don't come up often in M156 guise.
That's what I'm finding but it has to be an estate unfortunately for family duties, lugging loads and a big dog. Wonder why it seems more biturbo pre-facelift estates are comin up despite the shorter production run unless the m156 varient didn't sell in very high numbers 🤷‍♂️

Hi I was looking for a W212 6.2 not too long ago. I bought my saloon in January but I still get notifications for my saved searches. There is a 60 plate estate at 69k miles coming up for auction on Monday the 22nd at BCA. I'm not sure if an individual can bid at BCA auctions but or it is trade only

Hi I was looking for a W212 6.2 not too long ago. I bought my saloon in January but I still get notifications for my saved searches. There is a 60 plate estate at 69k miles coming up for auction on Monday the 22nd at BCA. I'm not sure if an individual can bid at BCA auctions but or it is trade only
Thankyou for the info. I've only just seen this reply so missed the auction which is a real shame. I think however bca is for trade only at the minute during covid. I looked on it recently and the registration for general public has been suspended so I probably couldn't bid anyway.

Gutted one has been and gone though as it sounds like just what I'm after. Hopefully it was picked up by a trader and will appear for sale soon. Is it possible to see auction results of how much it went for? Or the old ad if you have access too it?

Thanks

unless the m156 varient didn't sell in very high numbers
According to the How Many Left website, there are a total of 119 M156-engined W/S212 E63's licenced as of 2019Q4 - so that's saloons and estates - and it's reasonable to assume that the number hasn't increased since then. Not a big pool to fish in, I'm afraid.

I think I've just found it amazing
Think ive just found it for sale

That's what I'm finding but it has to be an estate unfortunately for family duties, lugging loads and a big dog. Wonder why it seems more biturbo pre-facelift estates are comin up despite the shorter production run unless the m156 varient didn't sell in very high numbers 🤷‍♂️

This has appeared on eBay this morning: E63 6.2 wagon

Thankyou, yes Ive seen it. I believe (guessing) this is the car mentioned above that was a bca earlier in the week.

Ah, ok. there's a white one on Pistonheads if you haven't already seen it. Sorry not able to post the link right now.

Thankyou, yes Ive seen it. I believe (guessing) this is the car mentioned above that was a bca earlier in the week.
Hi, I think this is the one. It was on a London plate, something like LL60 ... perhaps you can confirm that if you reach out to the ebay seller.
From what I remember from the BCA ad the interior was in good condition but the wheels were a bit rough. If the car is generally in a good shape than that is hardly a deal breaker as you can get them refurbished.
Asking price looks rich, I wonder how much the BCA auction ended for. Nevertheless there will be a healthy dealer benefit in the price. Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom