W111 1963 220S Fintail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
I bought this car 3 years ago with the intention of restoring it , not long before I learned I was about to become a father again .

With the change in circumstances , I just don't have the time to work on this car , and it is slowly crumbling away in the drive , so the time has come to let it go .

The car is outwardly quite nice , is complete , starts and moves under its own power , but has no brakes ( hydraulic leak somewhere ) . There is a LOT of rust : front crossmember has been previously replaced with a steel beam , inner wings holed near bonnet hinges , , outer wings rusty above headlamps , floor on drivers side rotten , offside sill rotten at A pillar and C pillar , both rear inner wheelarcheshave rust , boot floor has a couple of small areas of rust as well .

The car comes with a lot of receipts for work done in previous years , the original log book besides the V5 , several `mot's bearing out the recorded mileage of 81,000 as well as the original handbook .

A few photographs -

1IMGP8166.jpg

6IMGP8172.jpg

13IMGP8179.jpg

14IMGP8180.jpg

17IMGP8183.jpg

26IMGP8192.jpg

32IMGP8198.jpg

I'm not looking for a fortune for this .

The car will come with two good front wings and two new sills , a stainless steel exhaust system and numerous other parts .

For further information please PM .

Last edited:
Since I advertised this both here and elsewhere a week or so back , I have had hald a dozen or so enquiries , with two interested parties making arrangements to view - then not turning up nor phoning to cancel !

Subsequent to advertising this car , I was offered and purchased another W126 - so I now need the space for the new car .

I'll give the car another week or so to sell complete - after that I'll remove what I can save from it and get the rest towed away

Pity , as it is basically a sound car , but I have no room to keep it .

If not sold complete by next weekend , all parts from it will be available .

Car now sold - thanks to everyone for looking .

As per the thread in gemeral discussion , it looks as if the offer to buy was a scam .

If the money is not forthcoming by the end of the week (tomorrow) the car will be back up for sale .

I should add that I need this car off my drive asap to make room for the W126 I've bought - so am open to any reasonable (and genuine) offers .

Here's a video proving that it does actually run !

I had an offer by email which came in during the early hours of this morning , and which I hadn't replied to , when I received a phone call this morning from a gent in London who has agreed to come & collect next weekend , after a bit of haggling has agreed to pay close(ish) to my asking price , and just a bit higher than the email offer .

I will hold the car for the week , but it will only be sold once the buyer has been and handed over the readies .

At least this buyer had lots of questions about the car and seemed genuinely interested in it .

165 watchers , 16 hours to go .

How will it all turn out ???

In the end the car did not sell on eBay : one bidder did reach my reserve - then he emailed me a few hours before the end of the auction asking to cancel his bid as he had just bought another Fintail .

Having spent about three weeks trying to sell this car through various avenues , I will now have to look at salvaging what I can from it and disposing of the rest . A number of people did contact me via eBay during the auction enquiring about various parts and i have now replied to them indicating that the parts are available .

What I do not want is a partly dismantled car lying on my drive for any length of time - so the car will be stripped and disposed of ASAP .

I will be keeping a few parts from the car for myself as they are suitable for my Ponton , but most of the car is available as parts if anyone is lookiing for them . I will list some parts from the car in due course .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom